Laser Hair Removal

SeaSiren

My brother in law had his facial hair removed that way. If done correctly, it will span over several months (like 6 total), and there will still be hair just very thin and light one (easy to wax).

I was thinking about it for facial hair too, but somehow the idea of getting my derm overheated and burnt by a laser doesn't appeal to me...

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a friend who had his back done. He had to shave it then get it lasered then let it grow out again for some reason before reshaving it and going back in. I think so his Doc could get an idea where he missed the first time. In the end it worked out pretty well but for a while he had these sort of racing stripes on his back where the hair had been lasered off.

I've thought about it for my head. But I doubt I'll ever go that way.

if I could afford laser, I would definitely do it.

Legs cost something ike $5000 or maybe more (i think it is $5000 per leg).

but i would so do it if I had the money, among other things.

Stick with the razors then CG - you can probably get a pack for a dollar or something. Much more reasonable than ten grand........

Anyone had it done or thought of it? The thought of never shaving my legs or buying razors again is so appealing!

Yes I have thought about it, but since it's pricey (as mentioned) and there's no guarantee that it will work the 1st time, I have not done it. You can catch a few good deals sometimes on price, but I've always hesitated about getting it done. Plus I've heard that your hair has to be a certain length as it will catch fire if it's too long. I don't know if this is true, but it certainly doesn't help my comfort factor.

Who cares

Anyway, here's a photo of female leg hair, it isn't even that bad, stop your whinging. It's been engrained in your skulls due to your time in an over-bearing patriarchal society. Brain-washed is what's happened, makes me sad!

http://www.godfist.com/leg_hair1.jpg

Obviously we are people that question the status quo, as is evidenced\ by our veganism and views of animal rights.

Just because I prefer to have smooth as opposed to hairy legs, that doesnt mean I am a brainwashed fool who cannot question "orthodoxies". I find the suggestion to the contrary to be bloody hell ridiculous, though I must admit that many women would love you for your "take" on this Richard - they'd never have to shave a day in their lives ever again with you.

I don't think there is anything wrong with shaving, but I think it's a waste of time and a shame that people think its important at all. I mean, look at this thread, which is basically a thread about why shaving is irritating and how people WISH there was a solution, even though it's their choice to do it or not do it, seems like something is messed up somewhere.

Brain-washing isn't something which happens to ya whole brain, just to part of it to give you mental blind-spots, to not ask questions about particular things, or mislead you to doing actions for no reason. 99.999% of women shave their legs, 99.999% of men say that women are scum if they don't shave, and it's 99.999% of celebrities who do it too, and it's on all adverts, in all magazines, everyone takes it for granted that you should spend several hours a week removing part of your natural body in order to conform to this peculiar rule. Then people do it for so long that they are frightened to change, or can't even consider changing, and feel ed by their own natural body and seek to continually alter themselves. Most women say they enjoy this waste of time, but I think really they only enjoy it because they hate the (irrational) disgusst they would feel for themselves if they didn't do it; they enjoy thinking they look prettier because of it, but there isn't any value in this, and people are brainwashed into thinking A) it makes you prettier or a better person and B) it matters what your legs look like at all. there isn't actually anything fun about worrying that you look like crap half the time and obsessionally going through repetitive tasks to make sure you fit in with what is considered to be normal or beautiful.

I think make-up and shaving should be boycotted, allow women to get an extra 45 minutes sleep every morning, ahhhhhh relaxing. And if all women boycotted it, then nobody would be in competition to look better and everyone would accept the human body for what it is.

But that's just my opinion! I'm clearly very ridiculous and none of this is possible, wow, imagine if what I said was true, how crazy would that be?? ... ¬_¬

Anyway, here's a photo of female leg hair, it isn't even that bad, stop your whinging. It's been engrained in your skulls due to your time in an over-bearing patriarchal society. Brain-washed is what's happened, makes me sad!

I agree, and it makes me sad as well. What makes me especially sad is that I am brainwashed into it as well, and much as I would like to be okay with having hairy legs, I am not. Even though I know that this preference is just based on the culture I was raised in, that awareness does not free me from that preference.

Yeah it's not easy to change up lifestyle and stuff, it'd take some getting used to. I've gone through extremes myself, had really long hippy hair, and had complete skin head, I am more aware than ever about trends and what cultures / society 'expects' from people. I think it's healthy to be relaxed and really think about why we do certain things, rather than just do them compulsively. Once you can say to yourself '...well, screw what anyone else thinks about my legs / hair / face / clothes' then you start to realise that you don't actually care yourself, and you only do it for them. But even in that situation, I still choose to do certain things with my looks to put across a certain image, i rather have long hair, rather wear jeans, rather wear black shirts, tshirts, hoodies etc, and I know it's for other people to see, and that's how I want them to see me, in this society.

EDIT: plus going out in the ninja outfit in the street, you really get to see how people react to you when you look different to what is 'accepted'. But really, it doesn't matter what people think of what you look.

Once you can say to yourself '...well, screw what anyone else thinks about my legs / hair / face / clothes' then you start to realise that you don't actually care yourself, and you only do it for them.

I can honestly say that I am personally repulsed by (most) body hair on myself. No one (other than my gf and I know she truly does not care) sees my legs in the winter, yet I still shave them purely for myself. In this case, the cultural preference has become my own preference--I don't shave for anyone else.

Formicalinoleum, I haven't gotten a hold of my sister yet. We're both really busy and we've been missing eachother all week! I'll try to find out how much she paid this weekend, if I can get a hold of her. I think she did her underarms too and possibly her 'stache

I think make-up and shaving should be boycotted, allow women to get an extra 45 minutes sleep every morning, ahhhhhh relaxing.

You will make some woman one day very happy!

As for my personal preferences, I love the feeling of smooth hair-free legs. Even if the entire world agreed to say "f*&k smooth legs, we now want all women to be hairy", I would still love the feeling of smooth versus not smooth, despite what "society" prefered. And I also love the feeling of super moist lip gloss on my lips. That also would not change even if the whole world decided to boycott make up.

I must admit though Richard virtually ALL your views are so UNorthodox which I think is totally part of your awesomeness and charm.

Thanks Yeah I think women should shave their legs or whatever if that's what they wanna do, I wouldn't say like 'don't shave your legs!' or anything. I think there is a very small percentage who have actually thought about it though. I think the vast majority have just grown up with it, their mothers do it, their sisters do it, their friends do it, and if they don't do it then they get the piss taken out of them, so they just do it without thinking. But really there isn't the big drama which many people think there is, in fact there is no personal consequence to having the hair, it's part of us afterall and not a disease or deformity.

Thanks But really there isn't the big drama which many people think there is, in fact there is no personal consequence to having the hair, it's part of us afterall and not a disease or deformity.

Totally 100% agree, and I have been known to go to the gym, park, etc. with not so smooth legs if I dont feel like shaving, precisely because it ISNT a big drama and nobody has to look at my legs if they dont want to, so f*&k' em. But that is just laziness on my part, not a personal preference for unsmooth legs.

I still prefer the feeling of smooth versus unsmooth. Maybe I will get Tarz to get early every morning to shave my legs for me while I sit back and nap and extra 30 minutes.

I think make-up and shaving should be boycotted, allow women to get an extra 45 minutes sleep every morning, ahhhhhh relaxing.

You will make some woman one day very happy!

As for my personal preferences, I love the feeling of smooth hair-free legs. Even if the entire world agreed to say "f*&k smooth legs, we now want all women to be hairy", I would still love the feeling of smooth versus not smooth, despite what "society" prefered. And I also love the feeling of super moist lip gloss on my lips. That also would not change even if the whole world decided to boycott make up.

I agree with Compash (big suprise ). I like the feeling of smooth legs and literally can't sleep if they aren't. I also prefer the looks of shaving. Many people like to looks of legs, they wouldn't appear as shapely with the hair. I also don't see any hairy bodybuildres on stage.

I must admit though Richard virtually ALL your views are so UNorthodox which I think is totally part of your awesomeness and charm.

Again I agree....Richard that's why we love you!

Seasiren you are so right about the sleeping thing! If my legs are unsmooth (I dont even mean hairy, but just unsmooth) then I cant sleep because i hate the feeling of unsmooth legs rubbing/touching each other when I am sleeping.

and I also agree that if you had hairy legs (i guess depending on the thickness, darkness of the leg hair) then you cant really see past the hair and to the definition of the sexy leg muscles, which also sucks!

I think you and I are kindred spirits.