HIGH CALORIE PROTIEN

well I am eating over 4000 calories of clean food a day and feel like I am not eating to my potential but I cannot fit any more food in my mouth. That is why I am looking for a shake, to replace the one I currently have, with a higher calorie denseness.

• 1 month later...

i have been having a problem for the last 6weeks or so of retching. not just when i am full but also there was a point where i was retching at the sight of breakfast when my stomach was empty.

i have found that the best way to incorporate extra calories into your diet is protein smoothies. i usually have something like this:

2 medium bananas

4-8oz other fruit

500ml (17oz) soy milk/juice

30g soy/pea protein (the pea tastes a little better)

15g olive oil (if you can afford it flax is much better)

there is over 800calories in that. sometimes i have 4 in a day if im not feeling hungry.

because im so tall, at 230lb, i need lots of calories (about 4500) in an average day just to maintain. i need over 5000 in order to gain weight (which im finally doing).

good luck

jonathan

I was reluctant to use protein powder, but my nutritionist advised me to do so. I managed to find this one that blends well in both texture and taste.

NutriBiotic Vegan Vanilla Rice Protein.

It's low in sodium and has 58 calories and 12 grams of protein in one tablespoon. I chose it cause it cuts out some of the extra crap that other supplements seem to have and is 80 percent protein.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

is there a whole foods in kentucky? they have a vanilla and a chocolate soy isolate that is 24 grams a scoop with about 36 scoops per container for like 16 bucks.

there's another brand that makes a big deal of being vegan. it's a meal replacer/calorie booster. they have vanilla soy and something with quinoa, millet and rice protein. haven't tried that one, but the soy was good. the thing is, most of the meal replacers are going to be adding lots of sugar to boost your calories. if that's what you want, go for it, but i'd go for hemp protein that is high carb, high fat. or rice protein which also has lots of complex carbs. and if the flax oil addition to your shake is too expensive, find a cheep grapeseed oil. it has much less flavor than flax or olive and almost as many omegas as flax.

also, if you're making your shake in a blender, toss in a handful of nuts. almonds, cashews, walnuts, sesame all blend well. flax will blend but it will be thick. it is very cheap to add flax seeds though. if you just let your blender go an extra minute, it's usually fine. or just toss peanut butter in your shake. also, morinu tofu blends well into a creamy shake. and while you're at it, toss some baby spinach leaves in there. you can't taste them, but you get extra vitamins and iron.