raw diet

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

#46 Postby Bigbwii » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:36 pm

Hero, forage around the stores and see what's going cheap that you like! :wink:
The Fruitarian Lifestyle & Fitness Coach

#47 Postby RawFigure » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:54 am

Hero wrote:hey, when i come back from tour im gonna try eating about 80% raw. what kinds of raw foods should i be eating daily?

also im on a limited budget, so please suggest the cheapeast healthiest options available. thanks.

Hero...one thing to eat daily is loads of greens. I think the greens are more balancing than loads of fruit (unless you need all the natural sugars for fuel). Greens stick with you longer. Fruit exit the body fast and I found I needed to eat more often to stay even.

I buy Organic which is pricey and eat what is available.

The dark greens are best. I love to make Argula soup. At first it is best to keep it simple then start to make some of the recipes you see.

New Raw foodies tend to over eat nuts,/seeds so limit those two ! I only eat them sprouted and dried so I am not tempted to eat them right from the store !

#48 Postby _raVen_ » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:20 pm

Lots of greens. They aren't expensive. I would buy organic nuts, if nothing else organic.
Also, any fruit you can get your hands on. Buy green bananas and hard avocados and let them ripen over several days. Oranges are inexpensive (or maybe that's just here in Cali?).

#49 Postby Kathryn » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:39 pm

Grow your own sprouts. Cheaper than buying them already done. Organic. Fresh. Good enzymes.

#50 Postby Hero » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:27 pm

Kathryn wrote:Grow your own sprouts. Cheaper than buying them already done. Organic. Fresh. Good enzymes.

seems too complicated. plus i am on the road a lot with bands and whatnot...i need stuff i can buy...

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”