Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:02 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:00 am
Posts: 38
Location: las vegas
I believe there are alot of factors regarding why GMO's are bad, but the main point that hasn't been addressed here is that they are using things that people are potentially allergic to. Such as fish, tobacco, and other allergens. In addition, when the do go to seed, it does spread to other farms and these if tested for the genes become no longer natural foods, but also GMO and they no longer can use labels stating they are not genetically modified.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:15 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:33 pm
Posts: 39
Yeah, well that's because the law is 100% arbitrary like the rules of any made up game and science is based on reality. Of course the interpretation of the science and our understanding of it is variable and arguable. There are different ways of looking at the same data and applying a theory to it's meaning and there are many things that are not provable so they are based entirely on theory and logic. Such as string theory etc. And even though there are facts in science and a right or wrong answer to it, there are also a lot of variables and a lot sometimes in the way of accurately finding that right answer. That's why studies and tests as fallible as they already are, often have many other studies that resulted in opposite or varying conclusions, making the whole question inconclusive. The broader and more variable the question, the more so. The narrower and more specific and micro the question the more consistent the answer is usually.

Regarding GMO's you should really watch the documentary, The Future of Food. That will enlighten anyone on the dangers and insidiousness of these greedy corporations and mad scientists behind this. It is really dangerous and can and will have devastating domino effect consequences. They don't even know what they are messing with, the balance of nature. They can cross species and cause a chain reaction of sterility in these seeds. They are also buying up all the large seed banks.

It is of my opinion that the reason they are going after the small farmers who fall victim to the contamination of their seeds ruining their farms and crops, is not because they get anything out of it directly. It is beyond logic, and just goes to show how backwards and arbitrary the law really is. Some big corps. can pay lobbyists to corruptly change or make up a law in their favor to benefit from it, and no matter how much it doesn't make sense or contradicts the principles of other laws, it's enforced because the laws are meant to protect the elite and powerful. So they go in and now create a law which allows the offender to sue and go after their victim, all while being immune to being liable themselves for what they caused.

Anyways, my point is that I think they used their power to create this law both to protect themselves from the liability of the contamination they know their GM seeds are going to do everywhere. And secondly they are doing it to shut up their victims. If these small farmers know that all the other farmers who fall victim to the GM contamination and it ruined their crops and fields, and when they spoke out it caused them to become bankrupt and lose everything, well maybe they will just keep their mouth shut and not tell anyone eh? So, it's basically a threat to shut everyone up.
If a group of guys go around raping women and every woman who was raped and spoke out about it they killed, well the next victims will learn not to speak out about it won't they? It's Mafia tactic style time. Well, the gov. and these nasty corps. are no different since basically these corps. have infiltrated the government and go back and forth between gov. positions and positions in these companies like a revolving door. They've over taken it from the inside. That's how it's done.

And maybe one of the worst social consequences going along with this is that they are allowing people and companies to patent life now. Used to be against the law, now it's ok and anything goes. Another example of how arbitrary the law is. Just whatever meets their needs of the moment to control us and gain more power for themselves. That's all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:44 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:00 am
Posts: 38
Location: las vegas
Some places in Europe have disallowed GMO's. I just wish the US would follow in those footsteps. My aunt in Ireland came to visit and she asked to shop where there were only non GM foods...I laughed and told her the best she could do was organic. She was shocked and amazed. Don't know why. Then she asked if we had a farmers market. Even more laughable here in the desert! I'm sure you all know that just because it's labeled organic it's not necessarily non GM. I'm disapointed in our laws...it's just a shame.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:30 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:33 pm
Posts: 39
wnddrrwmnn wrote:
Some places in Europe have disallowed GMO's. I just wish the US would follow in those footsteps.


Keep on wishing. The US is the one PUSHING for GMO's around the whole world and using their power to bully other countries into accepting them. They are fighting and have been fighting the European ban on them and trying to get it to where they can Force them to allow and accept the GMO foods and seeds. The US does everything by manipulation and force.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:41 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:23 pm
Posts: 1484
Location: Illinois
nik wrote:

Keep on wishing. The US is the one PUSHING for GMO's around the whole world and using their power to bully other countries into accepting them. They are fighting and have been fighting the European ban on them and trying to get it to where they can Force them to allow and accept the GMO foods and seeds. The US does everything by manipulation and force.


When the French refused to buy American beef (because of the hormones and antibiotics, etc.) the WTO forced them to pay a fine to the US to make up for lost profits. WTF?

I thought WTO = "WORLD trade organization," not "let's do whatever the US wants organization"!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:19 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:00 am
Posts: 38
Location: las vegas
Kathryn wrote:
nik wrote:

Keep on wishing. The US is the one PUSHING for GMO's around the whole world and using their power to bully other countries into accepting them. They are fighting and have been fighting the European ban on them and trying to get it to where they can Force them to allow and accept the GMO foods and seeds. The US does everything by manipulation and force.


When the French refused to buy American beef (because of the hormones and antibiotics, etc.) the WTO forced them to pay a fine to the US to make up for lost profits. WTF?

I thought WTO = "WORLD trade organization," not "let's do whatever the US wants organization"!


That's what happens when a country has as big of an ego as we do. From not complying with the UN to forcing others to do what we want. The sad part is that so few people speak up about these sorts of things. I mean, why would they? Being the superpower that we are, why be ethical when we can get what we want. It's disgusting...but people choose to be like sheep as long as we can buy IPods and fast cars. I'm terrified that some country isn't going to stand for our bullying soon and take action.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:41 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:23 pm
Posts: 1484
Location: Illinois
wnddrrwmnn wrote:
I'm terrified that some country isn't going to stand for our bullying soon and take action.


I would bet that most Americans (not me!) wouldn't see it as bullying. WE are in the right. WE have a (God-given) right to tell others what to do. It is our manifest destiny!

But...why do other countries hate us? Poor little us. WE didn't do anything!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:41 pm 
Offline
Gorilla

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 897
Location: West Virginia
I think this is how it always works. Any system that gives the most powerful the incentive to act in this way of course acts in this way. This is how it's always been, just right now there is no balance of power that the USSR once provided so the US is being more of a bully.

People don't do anything because they don't know. The MSM censors these issues.

_________________
http://thetoofarfuture.blogspot.com/
http://www.soundclick.com/kunderesque


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:41 am 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:02 am
Posts: 1193
nik wrote:
wnddrrwmnn wrote:
Some places in Europe have disallowed GMO's. I just wish the US would follow in those footsteps.


Keep on wishing. The US is the one PUSHING for GMO's around the whole world and using their power to bully other countries into accepting them. They are fighting and have been fighting the European ban on them and trying to get it to where they can Force them to allow and accept the GMO foods and seeds. The US does everything by manipulation and force.

Not only is the US trying to force the EU ( probably the rest of the world too no doubt ) to buy GM produce, but it will also be unlabelled so food producers and consumers won't even be able to avoid it....... :?

_________________
Davey's favourite tipple was "Blow My Skull", a cocktail he served in half-pint glasses consisting of rum, brandy, gin, port, Madeira, sherry and claret.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:41 am 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:02 am
Posts: 1193
Jay wrote:
The MSM censors these issues.


Jay - what is the MSM?

_________________
Davey's favourite tipple was "Blow My Skull", a cocktail he served in half-pint glasses consisting of rum, brandy, gin, port, Madeira, sherry and claret.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:33 am 
Offline
Gorilla

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 897
Location: West Virginia
mainstream media (the enemy of democracy)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group