Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Intermittent fasting
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:02 pm 
Gorilla

xjohanx wrote:
thendanisays wrote:
I have strayed from my high protein ways

Go back to it :wink:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!......ooooooooooook.... :sad11:

I can handle that. will 1 g/lb cut it?

And as usual, thanks for your speedy relpy! :-D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:57 pm 
Elephant

1 g/lb should be just fine. I've found better results with higher protein, but that is probably hard for women to do, with not as many expendable calories.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:47 am 
Finch

How long do you guys usually fast for? I know that LeanGains promotes 16/8, but I'm curious to see whether anybody does pure water fasting for longer than that.

I've noticed that 16 hours is amazingly easy for me to do, but while approaching the 20 hour mark, I feel like I should eat something. I usually eat something light, like fruit, when hunger kicks in. Then I slowly work my way up to the "heavier" foods.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:49 am 
Elephant

15-16 hours suits me the best so that's usually what I aim for. I can def go longer though and sometimes I'm up to 20-21 hours.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:22 am 
Elephant

Yep, I follow the same 15-16 hours as Johan. Sometimes I go longer, if responsibilities get in the way. Going longer is no problem.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:53 am 
Elephant

I don't know how you do it. I tried it for about two weeks and while I got my hunger under control, lifting in the afternoon was a disaster whether I fasted through or ate a meal an hour or so before.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:33 am 
Elephant

chrisjs wrote:
I don't know how you do it. I tried it for about two weeks and while I got my hunger under control, lifting in the afternoon was a disaster whether I fasted through or ate a meal an hour or so before.

Did you experience low energy levels?

-offense74

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:00 pm 
Elephant

chrisjs wrote:

Training fasted before lunch works really well for me except if I'm gonna squat and do deadlifts (too much ups and downs I guess) but when I fasted through the whole afternoon and worked out fasted late at day it was basically just motivation that kept me going. The 12 pm - 8 pm feeding window is def the best way for me to go. And I never liked eating a meal close to working out. Now it's always at least 2 hours inbetween and then I take some EAA.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:51 pm 
Elephant

I don't feel tired going into it, but I just don't have the endurance once I start lifting. Basically I feel like I run out of gas much faster. I was/am taking EAA before and BCAA during.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:10 pm 
Elephant

Yeah that's the same as my experience basically. Fasting untill afternoon doesn't work in the long run for me and that's why I shifted to the "normal" 16/8 12-8 scheduele. I do 90% of my workouts after lunch which is perfect for me because I can eat a decent amount of energy for lunch to fuel my workouts. If I do fasted workouts I need coffee right before =)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:53 pm 
Manatee

Thursday I fasted all day except for a vega bar and apple and my stomach felt GREAT. I am probably going to do that every few weeks but dont think I could any more frequently.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:55 am 
Site Admin

Yo, just read through this thread, cool. I just wondered, do sleeping hours count as a fast? So if I eat my last meal at 6pm, and then don't eat until 9am the next day, that is a fast of 15 hours? Is that true, or are we talking about being awake / active during the fast?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:26 am 
Elephant

Sleeping counts =)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:22 pm 
Elephant

There is a good intermittent fasting primer over at leangains.com right now. I would post a direct link, but Martin's blog has a static URL for all pages, or whatever the hell you call that. The primer is called "The Leangains Guide."

-offense74

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:43 pm 
Elephant

It's a good post, direct link: http://leangains.blogspot.com/2010/04/l ... guide.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next