Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sesamin
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:24 am 
Rabbit

anybody try this stuff? I've added some to my daily supplements this last month. sesamin is an isolated lignan of sesame oil used to increase fatty acid oxidation (no not fatass oxidation!). it increases fat burning enzymes and decreases fat storing enzymes. lately i've been on a cut, so it's hard to say if my results are from the sesamin or not, but i've been making good progress. it can be spendy depending on where you get it. I was impatient and wanted it right now, today, so i went to GNC and picked up a bottle, yeah, i'll never do that agian. next time i will wait and order it proper, i'd probably end up paying half the amount even with shipping to order it online. :aaa: :scratch:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:02 pm 
Gorilla

Wow, new stuff? Never heard of it. Keep me updated. Is it like creatine?
I used to take the liquid formula a few years ago, but they started adding animal products to it :x At the time, it was effective; but I wouldn't use it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:09 pm 
Rabbit

_raVen_ wrote:
Wow, new stuff? Never heard of it. Keep me updated. Is it like creatine?
I used to take the liquid formula a few years ago, but they started adding animal products to it :x At the time, it was effective; but I wouldn't use it now.

not new just not well known. its not at all like creatine. check this http://www.tradezone.com/ITbb/viewtopic ... e525d7a5cc

Japanese scientific researchers have discovered that sesamin has effects of preventing hypertension and cardiovascular hypertrophy, protecting liver, resisting oxidation, reducing cholesterol, and anti-cancer .

Peroxisomal
activity became more than 10 times higher in rats fed a 0.5% sesamin diet, compared to those
fed a sesamin-free diet. Dietary sesamin also markedly increased the hepatic activity and mRNA levels
of various fatty acid oxidation enzymes. In contrast, dietary sesamin decreased the hepatic activity
and mRNA abundance of lipogenic enzymes.

of course this info is coming from a company that is selling it and studies funded by people with a vested interest can be skewed.

also, i would never ever use liquid creatine, it is unstable in liquid form and converts readily to creatinine, a toxic byproduct. i am a firm believer in CEE - creatine ethyl ester, it comes in pill or powder form.