Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Arbonne Figure 8
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:23 pm 
Gorilla

Ok, so maybe some of you have heard of this before, but i havent. While i was looking up some information for veganproteins.com, I stumbled across this line called Figure 8 by Arbonne. It's a weight loss line that is geared towards women (surprise, surprise :roll: ) that is supposedly vegan and all natural. I, however, cannot find an ingredient list to save my life. Anyone else have a clue?....or is internet savvy enough to find it? Thanks guys!

https://www.gofigure8.com/products/the_products.asp

Post subject: Re: Arbonne Figure 8
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:19 pm 
Elephant

I actually have some at home (gifted to me). Not sure how worried you are about sweeteners, etc. but it's definitely vegan. I have the choco flavor, and it's very strong, but the protein mixes well and tastes like thick chocolate milk. They add vitamins so it's essentially a mini-multivitamin as well. However, due to the sweetener it's almost as much of a meal replacement powder as it is a protein powder. IIRC it has 15g protein per 100cals, but I could be remembering that wrong.

Overall: pricey, tasty, moderate protein, vits, vegan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:04 pm 
Gorilla

Thanks Fallen Horse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:38 am 
Rabbit

Thought I'd revive this thread because I attended a wellness conference a couple weeks ago, where I met Arbonne reps. I had an appt with the rep the other day and got some samples. I won't commit to buying something without reading the labels but during the conversation the rep volunteered that if the fiber powder has so much fiber that if you add it to the protein shake, it binds to the sugars and creates a sugar negative. Odd, they used to say the same thing about fiber and fat and it was disproved.

I researched the relationship of fiber and sugar and learned that fiber can slow sugar absorption but there is no "negative" sugar.

This morning I opened the sample packets of protein drink. The first two ingredients are fructose and sugar. Not a good start. The drink contains 9 grams of sugar.

I'm also sort of annoyed because I told the rep that I'm looking for protein sources that don't contain soy. This protein drink contains soy lecithin. Arbonne makes a big deal about using pea, cranberry and rice proteins but it's not soy-free.

I'd be happy to scan post the label later but my printer/scanner and computer aren't on good terms right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:31 pm 
Elephant

Rippedveg wrote:
I researched the relationship of fiber and sugar and learned that fiber can slow sugar absorption but there is no "negative" sugar.
I'm also sort of annoyed because I told the rep that I'm looking for protein sources that don't contain soy. This protein drink contains soy lecithin. Arbonne makes a big deal about using pea, cranberry and rice proteins but it's not soy-free....

There is DEFINITELY no such thing as 'negative' sugar, so the reps are either ill informed (likely) or they are just lying.

The amount of soy lecithin in the drink is probably quite low, at least compared to the amount of protein and sugar, so I am not surprised they didn't mention it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 pm 
Rabbit

Would I be giving a greater benefit of the doubt to believe they're misinformed or that they're untruthful?

I *assume* they don't know their product line. They also offered an energy drink as a replacement for caffeine but it has green tea listed twice.

Sad...They could cause people problems by not knowing or being dishonest.