Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Anyone eat Chlorella and/or Spirulina?
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:48 am 
Finch

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
fembreak wrote:
Chlorella is something I tried but as with others, I do not need or want it every day. But the long term effects are very positive, makes me feel a bit more "light" and "active". Wheat grass is something I have never tried though - should I eat it as a complement?

This is definately something that can be used as an 'everyday' addition to your diet, and IMO more so than Chlorella which tends to be a little more specific in terms of how and when you should use it.

I use a combo of wheat & barley grass and just mix a teaspoon into my protein shake every day. Tastes good.

Oh, thanks for the information, might change to wheat grass then, or at least try it first.

Post subject: Re: Anyone eat Chlorella and/or Spirulina?
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:16 am 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

fembreak wrote:
Oh, thanks for the information, might change to wheat grass then, or at least try it first.

No problems, I'm sure you will like it. It's full of natural ionic minerals and the many enzymes present such as cytochrome oxidase, lipase, protease and amylase support good healthy digestive function and intestinal flora.

Alkaline balance in the body is extremely important to our health; the ideal balance of food and food residue in the body is 80% alkaline and 20% acidic. This is largely determined by the food we eat, as foods are either acid forming or alkaline forming. We are constantly in a changing state between acid and alkaline and is continually working to maintain an ideal pH level of between 7.3 and 7.4.

Babies are born in a very alkaline state and as we age most people tend to gradually become more and more acidic (largely a result of dietary choices). Having said that, the body is able to regain its natural alkaline balance by eating highly alkaline foods such as green leafy vegetables, fresh seasonal fruits, pulses and nutrient-rich super foods like barley/wheat grass, spirulina etc etc. The key is simply changing the balance of the foods you eat, the overall amount of food consumed and getting to know which foods are acid forming and which are alkaline forming :)

Let me know what you think of it, cheers MF.

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl