Low-carb and -sodium cutting challenges

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

SpartanDiva
Rabbit

Low-carb and -sodium cutting challenges

#1 Postby SpartanDiva » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:28 pm

It is a huge challenge to find low-carb and -sodium vegan foods; but I've finally figured out a diet. (I do confess to occasionally eating certified humane eggs, as nutritional blood analysis showed that my cell membranes are deficient in the nutrient; and I haven't found vegan sources.)

This is my third day on the diet, in preparation for the competition on Saturday. I feel weak, lethargic, spacey - just the way a figure competitor should! The workout today was lousy. Yes, it's a bit late in the game to be cutting; but I didn't want to loose too much hard-earned muscle.

At night, I have difficulties sleeping, thinking about gluten-free, carb-rich vegan goodies that I can have to replenish glycogen stores just prior to stepping on stage - muffins, pancakes, pasta, bananas, cupcakes. Mmmmm...
Dr. D
The Spartan Diva

Fallen_Horse
Elephant

Re: Low-carb and -sodium cutting challenges

#2 Postby Fallen_Horse » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:46 am

Can I ask what this 'nutrient' is that you are missing?

Also I have been in the process of cutting out carbs from my diet, and it really is a hassle!
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.

M_onkeyman
Rabbit

#3 Postby M_onkeyman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Fallen_Horse wrote:Can I ask what this 'nutrient' is that you are missing?

Also I have been in the process of cutting out carbs from my diet, and it really is a hassle!

Maybe the nutrient could be Biotin, Choline, or Vitamin B12?

SpartanDiva
Rabbit

#4 Postby SpartanDiva » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:48 am

No, the nutrient was cholesterol. I'm good on the others that you listed. Deficiency in cholesterol actually compromises the integrity of cell membranes. It seems that my natural synthesis of it is too low. Perhaps in the future I can find a way to stimulate the cholesterol pathway directly. Until then, I'm okay with the certified humane eggs.
Dr. D
The Spartan Diva

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”