L-Arginine

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

willpeavy
Elephant

L-Arginine

#1 Postby willpeavy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:03 pm

I've read a bunch of stuff about arginine, some of it says that arginine increases nitric oxide and gives you a better pump, dialates your vascular system, and helps build muscle. Other stuff says it really doesn't do anything. So I went ahead and bought a bottle of it a couple of days ago to test it out. I definitely felt more of a pump today at the gym, although I have no idea if that was just a placebo effect, or if the arginine is really working. Has anyone else tried it?
[url=http://willpeavy.net/:34olz5pn]willpeavy.net[/url:34olz5pn]

Hero
Elephant

#2 Postby Hero » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:55 am

i noticed a better pump.

belleadonna
Manatee

#3 Postby belleadonna » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:25 pm

I have tried it and it helps me. I take it right before I go to the gym and I notice a difference.

U-phorik
Finch

#4 Postby U-phorik » Thu May 11, 2006 11:41 am

I take about 1,000 mg before my workout, usually with a b-12 pill, I notice vascularity and more energy when working out, when I do Cardio before my resistance workout, I definitely notice a difference in vascularity and I think it also helps in my breathing as well, u definitely notice it. if I'm working a certain muscle (chest, arms) that muscle usually pumps out a lot bigger and I can usually get a few more reps in especially on negatives you definitely notice it. works well. imo.

willpeavy
Elephant

#5 Postby willpeavy » Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Thanks for the responses everyone. I've been supplementing it for a month now to test it out and I'd definitely say it works well.

crashnburn
Gorilla

#6 Postby crashnburn » Fri May 12, 2006 12:10 pm

Any natural sources for the same?

willpeavy
Elephant

#7 Postby willpeavy » Fri May 12, 2006 6:40 pm

crashnburn wrote:Any natural sources for the same?

watermelon

crashnburn
Gorilla

#8 Postby crashnburn » Sat May 13, 2006 1:33 pm

willpeavy wrote:
crashnburn wrote:Any natural sources for the same?

watermelon

Thanks. Anything else?

Its funny that such an amazing and delicious source is present in nature with HYDRATING, ANTI OX QUALITIES :).

BTW How did you/we determine this ? Maybe it is possible to get every damn thing from the right food. Shouldnt we have an organized DB / Information Table to depict this kind of information.

[ VEG movement will gain more momentum if we can organize and make available publicly the sources / benefits of every thing.. Im veg since birth and still have a hard time figuring out what consists of what.. ]

Watermelon with a pinch of rock salt (dark gray) sprinked on top.. will make ur mouth water.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”