What's The Skinny On Sodium?

I'm just curious on intake. Since 1500mg is for 2000 calorie diet if my caloric intake is 4000 or around there does it make sense to have 3000mg and match it.

I've read on here about people avoiding it but not so sure if that's right for them even some having sodium deficiency. And I've read on other forums that you should get an extra 2500 mg extra a day if your day warrants it along with balancing it with potassium levels (unfortunately potassium is not listed on Nutritional Info).

Yah I was stoked that if I had a veggie dog a day it would give me a ton of protein for no carbs or fat (the wonders of cooking with a toaster oven). But the sodium level is through the roof.

HMMM I dont know. I ate a months worth of sodium this weekend and feel crappy about it. One woman on here told me that she stays like below 200 or something while cutting for shows... Ive also heard that 1k is good (much lower than whatever the national recommendation is)... I feel like 3k is a lot no matter how many calories u are eating...