Juice Fasting

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Juice Fasting

#1 Postby nicole » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:38 pm

Has anyone done a juice fast before? I just got my juicer returned to me and I'm thinking that my diet has gotten a little... processed? So I want to shake it up and get back to square one by maybe doing some kind of fruit/juice fast, but I'm worried! I get really grumpy when I'm hungry!!! :wink:

I need to do a lot more research, but I was wondering if anyone here had any good tips/experience?

#2 Postby jjaj2022 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:27 pm

I've done a juice fast a bunch of times with a fresh veggie soup at night with great results. I drank lots of water and did a couple juices throughout the day with broccoli, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, tomato, and beats. For the soup I cut in half the following veggies and put them in my food processor, carrot, bell pepper, onion, zucchini, tomato, celery and a whole avocado. After I grind the veggies to a pulp, I add a quart organic vegetable broth and a bunch of spices like garlic power, oregano, basil, black pepper and a little sea salt.

Do this for 3-7 days and you will feel very clean afterwards. This is a little graphic but I found it interesting. Last time I did this on the 3rd day, my body was still getting rid of the black beans that I ate the day before I started the juice fast. :shock:

Good luck! :D

#3 Postby compassionategirl » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:14 pm

I have been thinking of doing a juice fast too so i'd be interested in hearing more input on this as well, especially any dangers to avoid/common mistakes to avoid. :D
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

#4 Postby crashnburn » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:55 am

Great for cleansing the system.. all the sytems.. blood, lympho and even the "BEAN" digestive.

I know people doing HOT WATER therapy as well to clean the bowels..

#5 Postby nicole » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:48 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm still deciding exactly what I'm going to do, but I think I'm going to start off with the goal of going 3 days and see what happens from there. Maybe in a couple weeks? :wink:

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”