Holy shit. Creatine.

My buddy helped me research creatine since he has the same medical problems as me and is taking it. I decided to give it a world being extra careful to stay hydrated. I even called my doctor and she got back to me and said it was fine, just make sure to drink extra as a precaution (Missing my large intestine)

I started loading yesterday.

Holy shit in a barrel. I have never felt this kind of energy. I busted my chops yesterday on legs and was expecting severe DOMS today but I didn't feel a single twinge of soreness. I ALWAYS get DOMS after legs day.

And today I had my back day, I usually burn out pretty quick on back and chest days because I have a weak upper body compared to my legs but I just screamed through the workout and I still feel like I could go back for another round.

I was also able to up my pre-workout cardio because I had so much damn energy.

Creatine is fricken amazing.

There is no purpose to this thread. I am just damn elated. I always blamed my small stature and weight on my genetics, but I just never dedicated myself. And now with creatine and this new found dedication and amp I feel like I can consistently add weight and finally achieve my goals of getting bigger.

I love you creatine.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DOMS is delayed onset muscle soreness. If you're in tune with your body you can pick up these differences. I'd put money on the fact it's not a placebo effect for myself. I tend to process nutrients faster because of my missing guts.

Yeah creatine does shit or nothing to some people. I suppose I am lucky. But I honestly thing it's because of all the steroid therapy I underwent as a kid. I am know it stunted my growth and am positive it damaged a lot of my mechanisms for protein synthesis nutrient absorption and the like.

I'm done loading tomorrow. I am going to do 5 days loading 25 days maintaining, 5 days loading and so on. Maintenance suggestion is 5g of creatine a day. I wonder if, being a vegan, it'd be recommended for me to maintain at double that seeing as how there is no supplement creatine in my diet from meat.

Creatine really works. My dummbell bench press has gone up 20lbs now that my muscles are super hydrated.

Bumped the calories up to 3k indefinitely. Just a few extra slices of toast.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been considering taking this, but worry about side effects and stuff. It's so hard to find out the truth on these things, and the long term effects. I don't know anybody who has taken it, who is even over 40, so I don't know how it could affect you in later life. I read that "studies" say it is safe to take 5g per day, but I dunno who conducts these studies or what they really are.

I've been considering taking this, but worry about side effects and stuff. It's so hard to find out the truth on these things, and the long term effects. I don't know anybody who has taken it, who is even over 40, so I don't know how it could affect you in later life. I read that "studies" say it is safe to take 5g per day, but I dunno who conducts these studies or what they really are.

I just wanted to say exactly the same thing. I was very close to buying Weider creatine couple of days ago, and then I said: no, you will not take anything synthetic in your body! That is just against everything I believe considering nutrition... I will eat natural foods and work out regularly and I will be satisfied whatever the results... I would not want to get bigger and stronger and then sick

It's creatine, it's made up of 3 amino acids. It's harmless. All it does is recruit water to the muscle cells to super hydrate them. If you take too much, you pee it out.

I've been on it for 2 months. I go to the doctor next month, I'll have em run a liver panel and post the results.

I was taking 10g of creatine a day, but did more research. The human body makes about 1g itself and 2lbs of meat has about 1g of creatine. So I dropped it down to 5g, just wasteful.

Well most folks do 1 month on, 1 month off, then a reload when they start again. But personally I don't see the point. They say it's because your body adapts to the creatine? But that's silly, creatine is just 3 simple amino acids, there's no way for it to adapt to water retention recruitment, there are so many variables.

Do you get fat or gain muscle?? Which do you mean?

I guess I just like to tell people to eat more because I always could eat more and I wish I could do it without getting fat or at least fear of getting fat. No one will answer me about if I'm eating too many calories or not lol!

I don't get fat, I just gain muscle. Well I dunno, I might be stalling cause my weight came out to 143 again after a week. But most calorie calculators say I need 3000kcal for 143, and 3500 kcal for 175. So, I don't know.

Actually, I can manipulate my body fat by manipulating the saturated fat I eat By going from 25-75% of the RDA sat fat guidelines I made my body fat go from 9% to 11%. I was having trouble gaining muscle being so lean so I started eating more PB/coconut oil.