Competitors

You need to drop your intake. First of all, for competitions, competitiors generally start planning out like 4 months in advance and then slowly turn it into a cutting cycle. I can tell you that 1500 caloric intake is a bit high when close to the competition.

Sorry about that I forgot you had done competitions in the past. Basically keep the same ratios in terms of proteins and carbs and fat. Seeing as the contest is this close, just do it as you normally would. Dont be focusing on heavy weights, go straight to repetitions.

Gotcha! Thanks Kollision you have been a big help as far as my converting over to veganisim. The big thing for me, is shedding down the bf. A fellow competitior of me told me she shedded bf very quickly after she changed to a vegan due to of course the lack of hormones and fat in her diet. She said she took in some nuts and nut butters, but she noticed the difference immensly.

Gotcha! Thanks Kollision you have been a big help as far as my converting over to veganisim. The big thing for me, is shedding down the bf. A fellow competitior of me told me she shedded bf very quickly after she changed to a vegan due to of course the lack of hormones and fat in her diet. She said she took in some nuts and nut butters, but she noticed the difference immensly.

great point jeanice!!

Now that you have given up eating dead animals, you are no longer putting all the crap that the animals were fed into your own body like steriods, hormones, ground up sick animals, etc. That is how mad cow disease started - cow's are by nature vegetarian, yet most are fed a feed that consists of ground up dead and sick animals! Feeding cows to cows has caused this horrible disease that can be fatal to both the poor animals (who don't deserve it) and people!!

You no longer have to worry about scary stuff like mad cow disease, salmonella poising, etc. and all the crap that is associated with eating animals.

Since you are a competitor that is into health and fitness, you might want to also educate yourself on the question of: Are humans designed to be carnivores? A good one page summary that is amusing and so easy to read can be found at

www.bizarro.com. Click on animal stuff, then click on "Are humans carnivores". It will take you only about 3 minutes to read it and you will be surprised at what you learn, and it will reinforce your wonderful decision to stop eating dead animal flesh. You might also want to check out some his cartoons. They are so funny.

Let me know what you think.

natalie

Thanks for the scoop. I am onmy way to reading that right now. My question to you also is. How is your bodyfat? low? I honestly want to shed a little muscle. Of course maintain some, but lost a little and a little bodyfat as well. It was okay to have this much before when I use to go in heavier. I want to slim down a little and get into my gymnastics once again.

Still reading up, got some morningstar burgers and they are great! Taste just like meat. Also looking into more vegan foods so I can really make a smooth transition.

* Update*

Just read the post, quite interesting with the whole "put a baby with an apple and a rabbit". so true. Great article all in all. Really makes me enjoy my new lifestyle.

Hi jeanice,

I haven't yet competed, but I plan to as soon as I am done school.

Anyway, since you competed before, you already know how to reduce your body fat. You know what macronutrient combinations and caloric intake work for you. ALl that dosn't chnage just because you have become a vegan. For example, what worked for me before was a 40% carb, 40% protein, 20% fat ratio. That is still what works for me today. The only difference is that when preparing my meals, animals are off limits. So i look to oither sources of protein to prepare meals that will give me roughly that macronutrient combination. protein sources have been listed on this string as well as others on this site. If you take the time to browse, you will find them. Or pm Robert, who can tell give you a sample eating schedule of his when he is preparing for competition.

So as a competitor, whatever training principles and macronutirent combination worked for you before is what you can continue on with. It is just a matter of creating meals with that raion WITHOUT eating animals.

SO I am not sure exactly what you need to know, since you are already an experienced competitor. Feel free to pm any of us if there are more questions that you need to ask. Robert is a great source, since he is the most experienced competitor out of everybody here. I would be more than happy to share his sample competition meal plan with you.

Jeanice,

I was just browsing the site and found a whole bunch of nutrition and bodybuilding info.

Go to the home page of the site, then if you look at left side of the screen you will see a box called "Articles" and in that box you will see "Nutrition Help". There is TONS of info on what to eat and some sample diet days are posted. Please read them. I am sure they will answer many of your queries.

Also, read this for Robert's pre-contest diet: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/article/87 (taken from training tips section of website).

And never return to putting death and misery into your body again!

Thanks for the replies. I have been eating more carbs lately. Becauase due to my long days 10-12 hrs plus! I wasnt eating enough and suffering from burnout. So people suggested to eat more. I am changing my diet around but more with vegan foods of course. I need to @ timess to get out of the "chicken and rice" mentality. There is other foods out there, that i something I have to realize which sucks, because Like I said @ times the "mentality" is still there.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jeanice.

I just discovered this thread. How is your diet going?

When i prepare for a competition, i start the diet slowly, by changing nothing except leaving the sweets out (any sugar, mainly cakes). Then i increase the cardio.

What i wanted to mention is that i wouldn't recommend to go up with the reps in your workout. Some advise to do so because they claim it helps bring out the definition or burn more calories. Both is not true.

I'd go for heavy weights instead. An intense workout burns more calories, increases your metabolism AND, most important, it helps you NOT to lose muscle during the diet. In fact, you can even build muscle while dieting!

Do you know the 912 HST program? It takes only 21 days to try, i'd recommend to do that (though i'd understand if you didn't want to do it now before your competition).

I wish you strength for the preparation and good luck with the competition!

Daywalker

I don't know if she knows it, but I'd like to hear more about your theory of lifting heavy while your dieting. I would argue that you can't burn fat and build muscle effectively at the same time because your body can't burn fat on a building diet, or build muscle on a burning diet...I have had some truly unorthodox things work for me in the past...That and you are seriously jacked(that means big and lean to my friends and I) so I'll take your advice. I typically only take advice from people who look the way I'd like to. Cheers

Hi Jason.

I don't know if she knows it, but I'd like to hear more about your theory of lifting heavy while your dieting. I would argue that you can't burn fat and build muscle effectively at the same time because your body can't burn fat on a building diet, or build muscle on a burning diet...

That's not so.

You definitively can do both at the same time, burn fat and build muscle. The muscle metabolism is seperate from the energy metabolism. As long as the protein needs of the muscle is covered and the workout is designed to do both, it's no problem. Of course, it's easier to do one at a time. Especially for beginners though doing both is no problem.

I typically only take advice from people who look the way I'd like to. Cheers

Thanks for the compliment

But sometimes guys who look rather average have a great knowledge. You never know how they used to look or what fate prevented them from getting jacked

love and peace,

D.