New to Vegan, want to make sure I'm doing this right!

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Tread
Finch

New to Vegan, want to make sure I'm doing this right!

#1 Postby Tread » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Hello VBBF!

So I've been eating vegan(mostly) for the last 3-4 weeks, and while it was a little rough at first, I'm starting to feel pretty good. The one thing that I feel I'm having trouble with is my energy in my workouts, specifically lifting. I thought I might post up what I typically eat in a day and see if anyone had any suggestions for anything I might be deficient in.

Wake - banana or oats

workout

meal 1:
2 servings oatmeal with almond milk, cinnamon, strawberries, chia seeds
Shake - Shakeology powder(not vegan, has whey, but contains too many nutrients for me to get rid of. Whey is grade 7(highest quality) so I'm fine with that), scoop of sunwarrior protein, handful of spinach, strawberries, almond milk, chia seeds

Meal 2:
carrots and hummus, home made lara bar(dates, cherries, almonds), apple or banana

Meal 3:
quinoa, kale, tomatoe, avacado, zuchinni, dressing(EVOO, vinegar, spices), ezekial tortilla

Meal 4:
superfood trail mix(goji berries, mulberries, coconut, nuts, cacao
1 scoop of sunwarrior protein, mixed with almond milk

Meal 5:
Vegetable based meal that changes, but normally contains a large amount of vegetables, with some nuts, or avacado, or EVOO.

Before bed: scoop of sunwarrior protein with a little shakeology, almond milk and water

When I calculate up calories, its usually in the 2400 range. I'm about 150 pounds, 5'9"

Thanks for any help!

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”