Vegan substitutions for various "health" foods

BlueRose

A few foods I keep seeing in various fitness foods/recipes that I am wondering what the vegan nutritional equivalent would be:

1 - cottage cheese

2 - Greek yogurt

I've had some decent soy yogurt but would prefer plain and unsweetened, add my own fruit without having the ton of sugar normally added.

Any thoughts?

Actually there is a Scottish company that does a substitue for just about any cheese you can think. I've seen it in stores I'll have to look it up.

Would that be Sheese? I love them!

I think the point was "mild low fat". Not certain....

There is no cottage cheese.[/img]

Well, duh. Did you read my question? Or the subject line?

Nutritional equivalent. *Equivalent*. What are these products claiming to have that can be replicated?

Thanks!

Perhaps my English wasn't clear enough. There is no nutritional equivalent to cottage cheese. A vegan food that's 70% complete protein (by calories)? Protein powders and TVP, and that's about it. TJ's high-protein tofu is close, at 60%.

There is no cottage cheese.[/img]

Well, duh. Did you read my question? Or the subject line?

Nutritional equivalent. *Equivalent*. What are these products claiming to have that can be replicated?

Thanks!

Perhaps my English wasn't clear enough. There is no nutritional equivalent to cottage cheese. A vegan food that's 70% complete protein (by calories)? Protein powders and TVP, and that's about it. TJ's high-protein tofu is close, at 60%.

Ah, gotcha. My guess was low fat and mild. Maybe lite silken tofu?

• 3 months later...