Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dairy protein and gas
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:52 pm 
Rabbit

Hi.

I just want to ask a simple question here.

Basically my daily dietary proportions are: 95% vegetarian 5% pescetarian 1% meat (When having very special occasions)
I almost never eat junk food and greasy fatty fast food, and I also eat little. I do yoga and weight training 5 to 6 days a week. I am Asian, so most of my dishes are made of tofu, beans and rice, which means that I rarely consume wheat and cheese or anything that normally goes with the typical Western dish.

However, today I met someone dear who I hadn't seen for 8 years and fell into the temptation of having pizza with tonnes of cheese and greasy seafood pasta in a fancy restaurant just because I didn't want to say no to anything she would say.

What happened next is, some time after lunch, I find my belly full of gas and start feeling the urge to fart so very often, like every 5 minutes or so. But then I can't let it out because I am walking right next to her.

Now that I am back home, I am madly farting like a freed prisoner and the bad part is that I am feeling kinda sick.

Could this be the result of what I ate to day? Like my body sensitively reacting to cheese, which is something I very rarely consume? Or am I just needlessly worrying too much?

Don't laugh at me! I am a Taekwondo master !!!

Thanks in advance.

Jun

Last edited by Jun on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: animal protein and gas
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:12 pm 
Gorilla

I found that when I used to be vegetarian dairy protein made me a deadly 'Gas Bag' simply put.

When I stopped with the dairy it instantly went away. I think it has something to do with the lactose in the milk as well as the actual proteins (casein and whey).

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Arnold

My Training Journal:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26321

Post subject: Re: animal protein and gas
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:09 pm 
Elephant

No sympathy here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

Post subject: Re: Dairy protein and gas
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:00 am 
Rabbit

@Jungleinthefrunk Hey, is that because I am not 100% vegan? T-T

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:00 pm 
Rabbit

this is a 100% vegan forum, your question is totally irrelevant and inappropriate.
should we start discussing fishing, zoos and rodeos and how we like them?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:11 pm 
Rabbit

Jun wrote:
Hi.

I just want to ask a simple question here.

Basically my daily dietary proportions are: 95% vegetarian 5% pescetarian 1% meat (When having very special occasions)
I almost never eat junk food and greasy fatty fast food, and I also eat little. I do yoga and weight training 5 to 6 days a week. I am Asian, so most of my dishes are made of tofu, beans and rice, which means that I rarely consume wheat and cheese or anything that normally goes with the typical Western dish.

However, today I met someone dear who I hadn't seen for 8 years and fell into the temptation of having pizza with tonnes of cheese and greasy seafood pasta in a fancy restaurant just because I didn't want to say no to anything she would say.

What happened next is, some time after lunch, I find my belly full of gas and start feeling the urge to fart so very often, like every 5 minutes or so. But then I can't let it out because I am walking right next to her.

Now that I am back home, I am madly farting like a freed prisoner and the bad part is that I am feeling kinda sick.

Could this be the result of what I ate to day? Like my body sensitively reacting to cheese, which is something I very rarely consume? Or am I just needlessly worrying too much?

Don't laugh at me! I am a Taekwondo master !!!

Thanks in advance.

Jun

It sounds like you are lactose intollerant which is actually a normal occurance for most adults. If I were you I would avoid dairy all together and the next time you order pizza tell them to make your without cheese.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:07 pm 
Rabbit

I agree with Jungleinthefrunk and EARNEST. This is a vegan forum and you are clearly not vegan or even state you are aspiring to go vegan. Perhaps you should post your question on a vegetarian or omnivore forum.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:30 am 
Rabbit

pv vegan wrote:
I agree with Jungleinthefrunk and EARNEST. This is a vegan forum and you are clearly not vegan or even state you are aspiring to go vegan. Perhaps you should post your question on a vegetarian or omnivore forum.

this, seriously whut? who comes here posting questions about dairy/meat? :lachmal:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:47 pm 
Rabbit

Mass majority of people with Asian lineage are lactose intolerance to some extent.
All the more reason to be 100% vegan.
Seriously … to post on a vegan forum that I couldn’t say no to a hot chick so I had to eat meat/dairy… sounds really bad.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:38 am 
Rabbit

This is an interesting thread....
Agreed the topic is not particularity suited to a vegan forum....but did some of you need to be so rude in condemning it when you could have said the same things kindly?

Fishing, rodeos, zoos...bad yes...as bad as animal tested meds, household chemicals are all animal tested...anybody here use those things...do we consider ourselves 100% vegan?

I mentioned in another thread that I choose not to take medications which are animal tested and suffer my sore throats and headaches without medications that animal suffer hideously for, and then I was attacked by a dozen people... condemning my effort to reduce animal suffering. I was attacked by vegans for my effort to not be a part of animal suffering! I don't understand a lot of people on this site.... less than 100% vegans are put down...and those going beyond a vegan diet are put down...lol

When it comes to animal suffering, is eating cheese on a rare occasion worse than taking Tylenol painkiller for your headache?

I wonder, if Jun eats cheese less often than some others of us take Tylenol - and give our money to animal testing companies, that possibly Jun has less impact on animal suffering than some of us vegans...just a thought that's outside the box...