Shedding weight and a little worried

Jacob82

Howdy folks. I completely stopped eating meat about 2 weeks ago. I haven't given up eggs/dairy yet, though I don't eat a lot of it. During that time, I've been eating a relatively healthy diet, though I've probably had more than my fair share of cookies and Halloween candy. I've probably been a little light on calories, but I've eaten enough seeds, nuts, and whole grains that I don't think I am tooooo far below what I should be eating.

The problem is that during this 2 week period, I've lost almost 8 pounds. I went from 160 just before I stopped eating meat, to 152.5 as of this morning. And I've been exercising very little. I expected to lose some weight, but I didn't expect it be nearly this fast. Honestly it's got me a little worried. Any thoughts?

Most people don't realize how few calories they are eating when they transition. Vegan foods have much more fiber and can make you feel full more quickly. One option is to record what you are eating for a few days and see how many calories it is. Another is to just stuff yourself for awhile and see how your weight responds. It's all a trial-and-error period right now!