Best protein powder?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

adrianisgnarly
Rabbit

Re: Best protein powder?

#16 Postby adrianisgnarly » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:35 am

Just bought soy protein last night. The employee there told me before I bought it that it contains estrogen, and men should stay away from it COMPLETELY.

I'm very new to vegan protein powders. I guess I'll finish the soy and then buy another form of protein.
twitter.com/adrianisgnarly

Fallen_Horse
Elephant

#17 Postby Fallen_Horse » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:44 am

adrianisgnarly wrote:....The employee there told me before I bought it that it contains estrogen, and men should stay away from it COMPLETELY....

The employee there isn't very educated :)

Here is a great article to get informed. Take care! :) http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/soy_harm
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.

adrianisgnarly
Rabbit

#18 Postby adrianisgnarly » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:48 am

Fallen_Horse wrote:
adrianisgnarly wrote:....The employee there told me before I bought it that it contains estrogen, and men should stay away from it COMPLETELY....

The employee there isn't very educated :)

Here is a great article to get informed. Take care! :) http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/soy_harm

I thought the same thing.

Thanks for the article.
twitter.com/adrianisgnarly

Globalee
Finch

Vegan Pea Protein Powder

#19 Postby Globalee » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Really depends what you are looking for, I would personally forget high street brands, their main selling point is the tons of money they throw behind product launch and slick advertising. If you consider that Protein supplements are one of the top selling products in the health supplements sector.

I take a pea protein powder with 19g of protein per 28 g serving that is also enhanced with phytonutrients, and vitamins.
Considering the best protein in the non vegan department supplies 30g per serving (optimum nutrition) then 19g aint bad. http://www.novadetox.co.uk/acatalog/pea-protein-powder.html

Anyway thats my advice, If you mix with a little hemp thats cool, this actually tasts nice on its own. there is a detailed list of ingredients on the webpage i mentiond.

Anyway this is my first post here, i just found the forum by chance after doing a bit o research myself last week before I actually purchased this and thought I would leave a trail for the next person :)

:zunge:

PerforMax
Finch

#20 Postby PerforMax » Tue May 31, 2016 6:46 pm

When it comes to the BEST Vegan protein and one truly suitable for Body Builders and Extreme Athletes
most think of the obvious. Rice / Pea / Hemp / Soy .... Yet the bottom line is besides the grams per protein
what matters is the Bio Availability of protein isomers, and really free form high availability Amino Acids
and Amino Chain precursors. All the sources cited have protein, it needs to be broken down, and as most
of these sources need to be cooked during processing or when taken the protein is denatured and rendered
mostly useless.

I have used unheated / unbleached versions of the sources listed above yet, another issue comes to play
and is one that plagues Vegans and a criticism agains a vegan lifestyle. Iron deficiency and lack of a full
mineral intake including the highly needed trace minerals. Well here is where my secret protein source
is a true ACE!!! Chlorela and Spirulina.

Organic
Broken Cell
60% Protein by weight, and not just protein but Super Bio Available Amino chains
Full spectrum of most needed minerals
High Iron content
Omega and other fatty acid content needed for cell membrane / axonal coating (great reflexes / fast muscle action)

Best of all it's not cooked, chemically treated, or heat treated when desicated (well some see below)

I used to take a power and blended into shakes, but now take tablets. They dissolve and crumble for maximum
absorption, I take a handful with juice or other drink when I wake up, again at breakfast, and twice the dose after
a workout, again in mid afternoon and before bed. All in all I end up taking a few OZ a day very easily, and don't
have to deal with forcing myself to eat a vomit shake of densely slimy rice / pea powder that tastes the way it
looks... They go down supper easy, there is no regurgitating taste all day as with some other stuff...
and if you take it with a nice fresh vegy + fruit + fresh mink drink it's even a pleasure.

Guys it's a no brainer ! I'm not saying dump all other protein sources, no but you can have a more
balanced, definitely more enjoyable and EFFECTIVE diet by adding a couple of ounces of Chlorella / Spirullina
to your everyday schedule. If you're not a high demand athlete or body builder even easier just 15 500mg
tables will give you a supper boost because of the high availability amino acids, minerals, and besides
you are getting over 100% of your Iron in a natural high quality state. You can't build muscle if you're not
also producing a lot of new blood i.e. IRON

I buy one or two pounds at a time of this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Organic-Sun-dried-Chlorella-Spirulina-1-2-Pound-500mg-broken-cell-wall-tablets-/111942417148?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

because it's Organic, GMP quality, cell wall broken, and killer price (about 40% less than other vendors for same weight).
Best of all it's a 50/50 Chorela & Spirullna mix which is the way to go for all the Protein, Minerals, Iron, Omega and Chlorophyll

Add Tempeh, Seitan, and organic Soybean (Japanese / Korean) to round it out and you can definitely put on massive
muscle weight and power, without the cramps, and other weird symptoms people without the right mineral intake
and well insulated nerve fibers get (twitch, random painful contractions) etc.

give it a try, you won't regret

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Organic-Sun-dried-Chlorella-Spirulina-1-2-Pound-500mg-broken-cell-wall-tablets-/111942417148?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT Image

katherine10514
Finch

#21 Postby katherine10514 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:32 pm

Personally, I like the pea protein isolate, cranberry protein, rice protein combination in the Arbonne Chocolate Protein Mix. It's vegan and gluten free which is awesome. :D If you want to look at it, it's sold here:http://www.arbonne.com/Pws/KatherineManson/store/AMUS/product/Chocolate-Protein-Shake-Mix-Powder-US-2069,1475,272.aspx

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”