Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:59 am 
Rabbit

We go through cycles. Times of high energy, and then times of low energy. It is natural. What nobody has mentioned, is that perhaps your body is just going through a cleansing phase (since you are quite new to veganism)

Trust your body! if you're hungry, eat! if you're not hungry, don't eat! and stop worrying about "calories" they really have NOTHING to do with food, or how your body processes it.

I don't know how many calories a day I eat, nor do I even worry about it. Eat well, workout hard, and your body will take care of the rest.

A "Calorie" is defined as:

A unit of measurement of heat. The amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of water from 14.5 C to 15.5 C.

What does this have to do with food??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:42 pm 
Elephant

Right on Raw Ambition!!!

I think society in general spends way too much time being concerned with calories.
I never count calories but I know that if I eat clean and exercise, I should have very little to be concerned about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:14 pm 
Gorilla

Raw Ambition wrote:
We go through cycles. Times of high energy, and then times of low energy. It is natural. What nobody has mentioned, is that perhaps your body is just going through a cleansing phase (since you are quite new to veganism)

Perhaps nobody mentioned it because eating too little seems like a far far more likely cause for the tiredness?

Quote:
Trust your body! if you're hungry, eat! if you're not hungry, don't eat! and stop worrying about "calories" they really have NOTHING to do with food, or how your body processes it.

I don't know how many calories a day I eat, nor do I even worry about it. Eat well, workout hard, and your body will take care of the rest.

A "Calorie" is defined as:

A unit of measurement of heat. The amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of water from 14.5 C to 15.5 C.

What does this have to do with food??

Well, I agree that it's not good to worry about calories, but to say that they have nothing to do with food or how the body processes it is plain ignorace.
Calories are for some reason the preferred unit for measuring the energy content of food. The energy content of food might well be interesting to know, since it indicates how much energy the body can get from the food. Do you now see the connection between calories and food?