Low fat high carb raw vegans....

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

pinkdeacmd
Rabbit

Low fat high carb raw vegans....

#1 Postby pinkdeacmd » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Happy New Year,

I am quite excited to kick off the new year, and I am transitioning from vegetarianism to veganism. I just finished reading the 801010 book because I saw an article by Erin Moubray. (The book was alright, I'm not 100% convinced of all the science in the book, but I like the general idea!) I am just wondering if there is anyone out there currently practicing (or planning to practice) 801010?

Personally, I plan to make some adjustments. I like to take a daily supplement/B12/vitamin D. I may allow myself more than 10% fat too at times. Plus I am pretty certain I will eat some cooked foods/spices once in awhile, but I want to keep it to a minimum.

Any input would be wonderful!!!! :)

superman1234
Rabbit

Re: Low fat high carb raw vegans....

#2 Postby superman1234 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Question: What do you plan to do for protein and how do you see protein as being important? :o

MattSxvx
Gorilla

#3 Postby MattSxvx » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Its the quality, not the quantity.

pinkdeacmd
Rabbit

#4 Postby pinkdeacmd » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Well, I will earn my protein from what bits are found in the fruit/veggies. And of course the nut/seeds on occasion. According to the book if caloric intake is high, and in combination with strength training, you have enough building blocks to produce the muscle you need. I certainly will have the energy to perform...I will finally be able to eat sufficiently. In the end, my goal is to compete in a bikini/figure competition some day...thus I do not need a TON of mass. It worked for Erin, I would like to give it a go. I will keep pictures and post them before/after.

SAR
Rabbit

#5 Postby SAR » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Cool,

I experimented with the 811 way a couple years ago but I hadn't been working out much at that time so I want to give it another go. I will also be altering it a bit too by taking B12 and D supplements, as well as chlorella, vega powder and some cooked veggies here and there. i usually keep my meals pretty simple (cayenne pepper on dinner once in awhile.)

My goal will be more fruit, get % fat lower (even though this past week has been off, damn holiday food)

Look forward to hearing how you do! :)
Happy new Year!
Sarah :)

adoralove
Rabbit

#6 Postby adoralove » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:58 am

Hello
I just started looking into this and am committed to give it a go for at least 100 days. I am not sure if I will modify it or not. So far I have but these days were pre-100 day commitment. Please keep sharing as we have similar goals!

adoralove
Rabbit

#7 Postby adoralove » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:00 am

Also, will you tell me where you found the article you are talking about?

Duncan_Idaho
Manatee

#8 Postby Duncan_Idaho » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:57 pm

I am on the 80/10/10 ... not diet, way of living. It works fine. 2 huge disadvantages: you buy the food, especially in winter, and you pee more often. Especially when oranges are discounted.
But I'm feeling wonderful on it :)
Into the fire with your soul!

pinkdeacmd
Rabbit

#9 Postby pinkdeacmd » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:06 pm

Duncan_Idaho wrote:I am on the 80/10/10 ... not diet, way of living. It works fine. 2 huge disadvantages: you buy the food, especially in winter, and you pee more often. Especially when oranges are discounted.
But I'm feeling wonderful on it :)

Any advice? Specifically since I am working on building muscle?

BlueRose
Gorilla

#10 Postby BlueRose » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:41 pm

I'm experimenting with it too, just ordered the book and reading Go Fruit Yourself. Also on the 30BananasADay.com site.
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com

pinkdeacmd
Rabbit

#11 Postby pinkdeacmd » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:57 pm

How do you like Go fruit yourself??? So far I feel good eating mostly fruits. I have a history of disordered eating. And I def don't feel the need to binge anymore. I believe the sweetness of the fruits cures the desire for sweets/diet soda. Also, I am pretty darn full. I am still drinking almond milk, and vegan protein powder. I think in the last two days I have been more like 70.15.15. Which is fine with me. BlueRose, how are you doing with the diet?

BlueRose
Gorilla

#12 Postby BlueRose » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:05 am

pinkdeacmd wrote:How do you like Go fruit yourself??? So far I feel good eating mostly fruits. I have a history of disordered eating. And I def don't feel the need to binge anymore. I believe the sweetness of the fruits cures the desire for sweets/diet soda. Also, I am pretty darn full. I am still drinking almond milk, and vegan protein powder. I think in the last two days I have been more like 70.15.15. Which is fine with me. BlueRose, how are you doing with the diet?

Doing decently but I'm very new and still learning. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and need my greens, also have to figure out best way to prepare certain foods in advance. Last night I desperately wanted some form of starchy vegan protein, no nuts and nothing sweet. Closest I could come were my black beans, no idea if they were technically raw or not.

I just picked up 80-10-10, arrived in the mail yesterday. And Go Fruit Yourself is wonderful, already read it twice. :)
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com

superman1234
Rabbit

#13 Postby superman1234 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:36 am

BlueRose wrote:
Doing decently but I'm very new and still learning. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and need my greens, also have to figure out best way to prepare certain foods in advance. Last night I desperately wanted some form of starchy vegan protein, no nuts and nothing sweet. Closest I could come were my black beans, no idea if they were technically raw or not.

Blue, pls be careful: Black beans have been known to be toxic if eaten raw/sprouted.

Iron Clad Ben
Manatee

#14 Postby Iron Clad Ben » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:32 pm

I do high carb, low fat and love it. I follow 80/10/10 about 80%, and then the cooked food I have is usually rice, potatoes, black beans and cooked vegetables a few times a week. So I keep the same macro ratio, just that 20% of it is cooked.

I am not trying to bulk up intentionally. I don't work out for aesthetics, but it's a nice side effect. I am just trying to get stronger, faster and build both aerobic and anaerobic capacity. So my muscle mass is going up about a 1lb. every 1-2 months.

pinkdeacmd
Rabbit

#15 Postby pinkdeacmd » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Iron Clad Ben wrote:I do high carb, low fat and love it. I follow 80/10/10 about 80%, and then the cooked food I have is usually rice, potatoes, black beans and cooked vegetables a few times a week. So I keep the same macro ratio, just that 20% of it is cooked.

I am not trying to bulk up intentionally. I don't work out for aesthetics, but it's a nice side effect. I am just trying to get stronger, faster and build both aerobic and anaerobic capacity. So my muscle mass is going up about a 1lb. every 1-2 months.

That's good! I have been doing something pretty similar...well with the occasional cooked food. I am glad to know I can still build some muscle on this program. Aside from maybe a little bit of bloating on the first or second day I have felt great. The last few days I had plenty of energy to work out. Also, I am so excited I no longer crave sweets! I think my body must really want fruit. Hehehe! Thanks for the input!

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”