Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Low fat high carb raw vegans....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:24 pm 
Manatee

Duncan_Idaho wrote:
I am on the 80/10/10 ... not diet, way of living. It works fine. 2 huge disadvantages: you buy the food, especially in winter, and you pee more often. Especially when oranges are discounted.
But I'm feeling wonderful on it :)

I did 811 (mostly fruit of course) for a few months and I was peeing so much I had to stop drinking water!! Knowing that the purest, healthiest water on earth (processed billions upon billions of times before it even reaches the fruit) was cleaning out my body was the best feeling ever!! :boxer:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:46 pm 
Manatee

pinkdeacmd wrote:
Iron Clad Ben wrote:
I do high carb, low fat and love it. I follow 80/10/10 about 80%, and then the cooked food I have is usually rice, potatoes, black beans and cooked vegetables a few times a week. So I keep the same macro ratio, just that 20% of it is cooked.

I am not trying to bulk up intentionally. I don't work out for aesthetics, but it's a nice side effect. I am just trying to get stronger, faster and build both aerobic and anaerobic capacity. So my muscle mass is going up about a 1lb. every 1-2 months.

That's good! I have been doing something pretty similar...well with the occasional cooked food. I am glad to know I can still build some muscle on this program. Aside from maybe a little bit of bloating on the first or second day I have felt great. The last few days I had plenty of energy to work out. Also, I am so excited I no longer crave sweets! I think my body must really want fruit. Hehehe! Thanks for the input!

If you are experiencing bloating you need to make sure you are following proper food-combining rules:

-Greens can be eaten with anything
-Melons digest the fastest and should be eaten alone, at the beginning of a meal
-Fats (avocados, nuts) digest the slowest and should be eaten only with greens
-There are 3 types of fruit: acid, sub-acid and sweet.
---Never combine acid fruits with sweet fruits (e.g. banana + orange or date + strawberry)
---Sub-acid fruits can be combined with acid fruits or sweet fruits, but not both

The most common newbie mistake is to combine acid fruit with sweet fruit, like strawberry-banana smoothies. Do something banana-blueberry or banana-peach instead (peach and blueberry are sub-acid). This video explains it the best:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:00 pm 
Gorilla

How is anyone managing to eat cooked food on this diet without their body committing seppuku? Seriously, I tried eating veggie sushi on Fri cause it was all I could have and I was in vegan zombie hunger mode, and I'm STILL recovering...

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:02 am 
Manatee

BlueRose wrote:
How is anyone managing to eat cooked food on this diet without their body committing seppuku? Seriously, I tried eating veggie sushi on Fri cause it was all I could have and I was in vegan zombie hunger mode, and I'm STILL recovering...

I have to be VERY selective about the cooked food that I eat, and I have to eat a substantial amount of raw right beforehand. It has to be whole foods (OK so "if you cook it it's not a whole food" yeah, I know), with minimal spices / flavorings. Also, it has to be a small portion size. So for example, drink a 7-banana smoothie then eat a bowl of rice and veggies. My stomach capacity is so big at this point I could easily eat 2 portions at any restaurant... and then definitely get "melon belly".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 pm 
Gorilla

Yeah, I REALLY overate on the veggie sushi. I don't even know how many pieces I had. I was in vegan zombie hunger mode, holy hell.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:40 pm 
Manatee

BlueRose wrote:
Yeah, I REALLY overate on the veggie sushi. I don't even know how many pieces I had. I was in vegan zombie hunger mode, holy hell.
Yeah an empty stomach for a raw vegan is MUCH bigger than that of a usual person... except maybe a competitive eater. I once ate an entire 14" vegan pizza, a salad and a kombucha in one sitting. The salad and the kombucha did not offset the gluten-bomb that was the pizza...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 am 
Rabbit

I've been 80/10/10 raw vegan for 1.5 years and have had no issues greatly increasing my fitness and well being. Feel free to ask me any questions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:47 pm 
Rabbit

liberationstudios wrote:
I've been 80/10/10 raw vegan for 1.5 years and have had no issues greatly increasing my fitness and well being. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thank you!!!!!

I see a lot of folks following the 80 10 10 path do a lot of running/biking etc. Of course, I have always limited cardio because I want to make sure I gain weight *muscle. How much cardio is appropriate? I really love spinning, but I want to continue to put on muscle!

You look great!