Alcohol

Biglance

I would be interested in getting your feedback on alcohol being we are going to celebrate New Years. From a Vegan stand point, do you drink Vegan? What do you drink? I know there are a lot of Vegan options, but I am am leaning towards not at all. I just don't see the point of doing the work and putting that in my body. I've been a pretty good drinker in the past and was just looking for your thoughts.

Happy New years folks!

Lance

If you don't want to drink, then don't. Personally I enjoy a nice glass (or two) of vegan wine on occasion, and it's hard to beat a nice cold beer on a hot summer's day. I rarely get drunk anymore, but I do include wine and beer in moderation in my diet. Others on here don't.

Barnivore.com is a great resource for looking up vegan beer and wine.

It's all about personal preference. You don't have to drink but, unless you're prepping for a contest, if you want to drink, go for it. I'd highly advise reading Martin Berkhan's article regarding alcohol and weight-training so that, if you do choose to drink, you don't have to worry about it impacting your gains significantly: http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html