Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: greens poweders
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:25 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:42 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: Toronto, Canada
does anyone know of any vegan greens powders??? like greens+.... ingredients include bee pollen which im not 2 comfortable with consuming :(

_________________
[Website] [Facebook] [Google+] [Twitter]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:29 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:54 am
Posts: 164
Look no further than pure chlorella, the blue-green algae that is grown in the Orient, primarily Japan. The chlorophyll levels, vitamins/minerals and the health promoting CHF or 'cholorella growth factor', make this a powerhouse of health promoting phyto-nutrients. Chlorella's greatest assets to me: removing toxins from the body and boosting immunity.

Do a Google search on chlorella and reap the mountains of praise...!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:42 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 131
Here's what I use. I just called for you and they said it contains no bee products or any animal products of any kind. I really like the way it taste too but maybe I'm weird. :lol:

http://www.anthonyrobbins.com/solutions ... ductID=607


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:47 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:23 pm
Posts: 1484
Location: Illinois
"vitamineral green" is vegan. You can find it at www.veganessentials.com (I should get a kickback from VE for recommending them so much...but I swear I don't get any!). You can also do a search for it online and buy it directly from the creator, Jameth Sheridan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:05 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:42 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: Toronto, Canada
excellent thanks guys

michael wrote:
Look no further than pure chlorella, the blue-green algae that is grown in the Orient, primarily Japan. The chlorophyll levels, vitamins/minerals and the health promoting CHF or 'cholorella growth factor', make this a powerhouse of health promoting phyto-nutrients. Chlorella's greatest assets to me: removing toxins from the body and boosting immunity.

Do a Google search on chlorella and reap the mountains of praise...!


you what though??? they have done studies and apparently there isnt conclusive evidence say is is as beneficial as people claim it to be... which sucks cuz i huge fan of the stuff....expensive though :(

check this out about spirulina and chlorella:
http://downloads.truthpublishing.com/Su ... rulina.zip

_________________
[Website] [Facebook] [Google+] [Twitter]


Last edited by endcruelty on Thu May 04, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: greens poweders
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:10 pm 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:52 pm
Posts: 274
Location: New York City
endcruelty wrote:
does anyone know of any vegan greens powders??? like greens+.... ingredients include bee pollen which im not 2 comfortable with consuming :(


I have been using Jarrow Green Defense, I think it's pretty Awesome ($15 for 30 day supply below)

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/790011170105.html

Includes Yaeyama Chlorella, Wheat Grass, Barley Grass, Quinoa, Spinach, Broccoli, and many more- Yummy.... I think I'll have some now actually.

Also using Jarrow Broccomax, which has Sulfuruphane extracted mechanically from broccoli seeds-

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/790011200260.html

This one looks good too, but I haven't used it yet, Berry superfoods:

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/790011200178.html

Cheers-
Joel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:36 pm 
Offline
Gorilla

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 596
Location: TX+CA > Migrated > India
Interesting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:30 pm 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 9:27 pm
Posts: 318
Location: Seattle, WA
I know that drinking super-green or any other dried greens powder is a heckuvalot better than drinking a Soda or a Beer, but I wonder how much health benefit is really there, given that the powder is has gone through so much processing and re-processing in the name of "convenience."

_________________
http://www.sethigherstandards.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Green Powders or Multi-vitamin
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:31 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:46 am
Posts: 164
Try the Superfood from the website below. It's the best multi-vitamin source available.

http://www.800herbdoc.com/abp_1024x768.asp

Patrick


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:53 pm 
Offline
Gorilla

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:54 pm
Posts: 778
Location: Corvallis, OR
Ravi wrote:
I know that drinking super-green or any other dried greens powder is a heckuvalot better than drinking a Soda or a Beer, but I wonder how much health benefit is really there, given that the powder is has gone through so much processing and re-processing in the name of "convenience."

That's what I wonder too.

_________________
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams,
telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: greens
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:34 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 18
Vitamineral Greens from HealthForce Nutritionals all organic or wild crafted and completely vegan the real deal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:18 am 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:40 pm
Posts: 262
Location: Virginia
According to T. Colin Campbell and some others, if you are eating a well balanced diet, supplements are really not necessary. Whatcha think?

I tend to think that they are right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:22 pm 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:55 pm
Posts: 2733
Location: Little Beirut, Cascadia
Many of the green powders are whole foods - simply dried algaes or grass juices. They can be used as a supplement but for the most part are really just anouther way of eating yr greens. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:24 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:57 pm
Posts: 1251
Location: Honolulu, HI
Kathryn wrote:
"vitamineral green" is vegan. You can find it at www.veganessentials.com (I should get a kickback from VE for recommending them so much...but I swear I don't get any!). You can also do a search for it online and buy it directly from the creator, Jameth Sheridan.


IMO this is the best greens ever made.

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/xdarthveganx
I am in the process of trying to lose 60lbs of fat while gaining lean muscle by December 2012
My fitness/transformation log can be found here


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group