Preparing food in bulk

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

sosso
Elephant

Preparing food in bulk

#1 Postby sosso » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 am

Who does this?

I usually try to take one day where I get some food ready for the week. I don't cook every meal at once because that would be 42 meals, but I usually cook something that I can divide into 6 or 7 so I have at least one meal each day that I don't have to think about. Usually if I'm working in the morning, I'll get my other meals/shakes ready the night before.

What I did today was just a mixture of things, including quinoa, 4 bean mix, tofu, peas and LSA mix, with a bit of tomato puree and garlic for some flavour. I got the idea from Billy Simmonds, but left out the ricotta cheese. I guess you could put some vegan cream cheese or something on it if you wanted.

Share any recipes that you like to make in bulk!

Nicholas_Weir
Gorilla

Re: Preparing food in bulk

#2 Postby Nicholas_Weir » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:12 am

Nice Sosso!

I will definately have to snap a few pics of my food when I prepare it in bulk again.

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Arnold

My Training Journal:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26321

lobsteriffic
Stegosaurus

#3 Postby lobsteriffic » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:20 pm

I don't really do that anymore, but when I was in grad school Sundays were my cooking days. I'd make a lot of big dishes and then individually portion them out into containers. I had a huge deep freeze then, so I had a lot of room to freeze individual servings of soups, stews, enchiladas, casseroles, etc. It's such a time saver! I should get back into the habit.

ragekill15
Rabbit

#4 Postby ragekill15 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:02 pm

I do something similar. It is essential for me during workdays when I have to pack 3 meals with me and don't always have time to cook them that same day. I usually make a big batch of brown rice or quinoa and a batch of beans or lentils to keep in the fridge. When its time to pack a lunch I work from these big containers into smaller containers like sosso has pictured.

I also try to keep a bag of chopped kale and veggies on hand.
Eat Clean. Train Hard.
Nutrition Log / / Training Log / / Bodyspace

wahminsc
Rabbit

#5 Postby wahminsc » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:13 pm

Nice! I make big batches of rice and beans and prep veggies I can grab on the fly. I do 90% of the cooking for the family (including two teens), so I want to get a jump start on as much as possible.
Blessed be!
Sherrie

Getting healthier one day at a time
http://www.sherriethompson.com

michaelbarring
Finch

#6 Postby michaelbarring » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:25 am

Hey there..!! I have been following your post since last six months and I must say I found so many useful information related to this.
Thank you.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”