Advice for a friend

Hello. I am a vegetarian/almost vegan and have a friend of mines who was vegetarian for about a year but stopped after she complained of unwanted weight gain and bordem with vegetariasm. I would like for her to give vegetarianism and or veganism another try. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Yea watch forkes over knifes and learn that vegitarianism will make you just as sick and gain fat just as much as a typical meat eater. If you both watch it Im pretty confident that you both would just skip vegitarian and go straight to a vegan diet without any issues. if you want a great cook book, look up The Engine 2 Diet and there are alot of amazing dishes that are VERY tasty and 100% guilt free food.

Boredom. Seriously? I've never been so excited about food as have been since I went veggie. I'm constantly looking for recipes and exchanging them with people. Look at the recipe discussions here on this site or check out http://www.VegetarianTimes.com/recipes or The Post Punk Kitchen at http://www.theppk.com.

This spring will be my two year Vegiversary as lobsteriffic put it when I posted that I've been vegan for a year. I haven't gained weight. I've stayed about the same. Up or down a couple of pounds but always the same. Need to put on muscle though That's my experience. As we all know weight gain is a factor of calories consumed and calories burned. So if she wants to lose weight she needs to burn more calories than she consumes.

As a note, I know some vegetarians start eating more bread and pasta when they give up meat. I think it's because people don't know what to eat or cook. I'm not sure. If it's weight loss your friend wants then she should cut back on bread, pasta and baked goods. They only cause blood sugar to spike then crash. Better to eat fruit which provides a more steady stream of glucose along with vitamins, minerals and fiber.

Good luck and I hope your friend gives it another try.

Hello. I am a vegetarian/almost vegan and have a friend of mines who was vegetarian for about a year but stopped after she complained of unwanted weight gain and bordem with vegetariasm. I would like for her to give vegetarianism and or veganism another try. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Is this the type of person who think's twinkies & vitamins is a vegan diet?

Stop eating fake food & eat real veggies: Raw, Roasted, Steamed, Grilled.

Start some seedlings, plant a fruit tree or support a farmer who already grows it all.

Bake your own bread, can some tomatoes, brew your own beer from hops you grew.

~~~~~

Organic is best! Down w/Monsanto

~~~~~

Karak is now jumping off her soap box.

Bored? How odd. Try watching Earthlings too, esp the end when they get into animal testing. Buy a new vegan cook book, check out barnivour.com for vegan booze, go to veganessentials.com, go to where Veganism started: at the vegan society's website! Buy some vegan condoms &/or lube, get on this website, go to vegan meet-ups! Bored? Just odd!