Young Female Weight loss & Nutrition Advice!

jla123

Hey All !

Okay, I have a few questions and I would really appreciate any feedback or advice!

I am a 22 year old female at 5'5, weighing 150. I want to lose 25 pounds and reach my goal weight of 125 pounds like I was a few years ago. I have been Vegan for the past 6 months. Not very long but, its been a lifestyle change and each day I'm learning something new. Okay to my questions, I do eat healthy, I eat a lot of oats, quinoa, brown rice, beans all kinds, healthy fats, I bought Sunwarrior Protein Powder to get more protein, I eat all kinds of fruits and vegetables and healthy fats. I know the basics but what I'm confused about is one day I'll read, "oh to lose weight you need to stop eating all fruits, lower your carb intake a lot, and cut out healthy fats! That's like everything we eat?! lol What is a good macro breakdown to lose weight, I want to try to lose it all between 3-4 months? And what should I lower or cut out of my diet, do I need to cut out fruits? Do I need to go low on fats? What should I incorporate more of? I really would appreciate any information anyone has for me! Also, I usually do workout 3-4 days a week 30 minutes light cardio, and weights 4 days a week. But I haven't been working out much lately because my diet has been confusing me and I've been eating to much of everything! However, I do know the basic knowledge about losing weight but since turning Vegan its different because our main source for protein is usually grains and beans which are carbs and thats the total opposite of someone who isn't Vegan would eat. Oh ya and I am gluten intolerant and soy, so that nix's out me eating tofu grrr.. oh and I am going to start the workout program Insanity next week! Sorry to be ranting on just trying to give as much information.

Thank you to anyone who has any advice, I really appreciate it!

....I know the basics but what I'm confused about is one day I'll read, "oh to lose weight you need to stop eating all fruits, lower your carb intake a lot, and cut out healthy fats!....

Wherever you heard that, don't bother listening anymore. Lower your intake of healthy fats? Maybe if your intake is 2 cups a day!

Just a few simple rules

'Lazy Way'

1. Eat until you are slightly less than full

2. Eat as many whole foods as you can. Nuts, beans, seeds, veggies, fruits, some grains, some soy.

3. Watch your weight for changes. If you want to lose more, eat slightly less.

'Science Way'

1. Track what you eat everyday. Use whatever method works best for you.

2. Eat as many whole foods as you can. Nuts, beans, seeds, veggies, fruits, some grains, some soy.

3. Find your maintenance calories, then go 200-300 under that each day.

The obvious foods to cut out and minimize are processed foods, added sugars, and added oils. If you can do that, then you are already a saint.

• 2 weeks later...