Tofu ?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

HxC_Nismo
Rabbit

Re: Tofu ?

#16 Postby HxC_Nismo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:21 pm

just stick with organic soy that is not GMO, but you dont have to only rely on soy products for protien, there are a lot more plant sources other then soy that you can get your protein from.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-Martin Luther King Jr

Joe D.
Rabbit

#17 Postby Joe D. » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:18 pm

give tempeh a try its also fermented soy so less hormone problems some contain grains with gluten so watch out

Tarzan
Rabbit

#18 Postby Tarzan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:39 pm

x2 on the tempeh

kckas
Rabbit

#19 Postby kckas » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:01 pm

The soy I buy is great because there is so much protein (60g) vs. carbs (5g). That's why I love it so much. As far as I know nothing else has that kind of ratio as far as whole foods go. I tried tempeh once, it tasted ok but I can't get past the mold.

lohungfong
Rabbit

#20 Postby lohungfong » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:27 pm

I like to eat tofu too. I have not done much research on it but keep in mind its high in fat percentage. So for me I feel I dont need to eat too much .

Jessica.veggiegirl
Rabbit

#21 Postby Jessica.veggiegirl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Soy, like ANYthing else in the world, is bad for you if it is making up too much of your diet. Drinking soymilk for breakfast, eating tofu for lunch and dinner and fake meats and soy cheese and soy this and that is going to be bad for you but if you ate apples as 80% of your diet it would cause problems too. It is all about moderation. Chinese people have eaten soy for years (and no not just fermented like all the articles want to say) i have lived in China for 16 years and they drink soymilk, eat soybeans,soy sauce and tofu. and have way less soy related problems than Americans so it is just when you try to subsitute EVERYthing for soy that you will have problems.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”