New to veg world, help needed on nutrition program..

AlmostVeg

Hi guys!

As I told you in my introduction thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27619) I'm new to the vegan world.

I've read books (including Robert's one) about vegan nutrition (and recipes) but I was afraid about making mistakes so

I went to a vegan dietitian that provide me with a "cutomized" diet, but I'm not convinced about it (Now I think I'm just wasting moneys..).

I'm 30, about 184cm height and 91 Kgs weight. I go gym for weight lifting 3 days a week (1 hour workout) from 2 years. In 2 years I saw muscles growing up but

they are under my body fat

Here is the diet that the vegan dietitian provided me (typical day), what do you think about it?

Meal 1

200ml Rice milk + 50 gr. oats (I use Quaker)

One fresh orange juice

Cofee

WORKOUT (yes, I workout early in the morning before go working)

Meal 2 (after workout)

One fresh fruit (i.e. apple)

30 gr. of nuts/almonds

Meal 3

90 gr. pasta/rice with vegetables

60 gr. Tofu

50 gr. bread

Meal 4

One fresh fruit (i.e. apple)

30 gr. of nuts/almonds

Meal 5

40 gr. pasta/rice with vegetables

90 gr. fresh legumes

70 gr. bread

TOTAL Kcal: 2200

TOTAL Protein: 80 gr. (15%)

TOTAL Carbs: 350 gr. (58%)

TOTAL Fats: 65 gr. (27%)

My aim is to lose my bodyfat (expecially my belly bodyfat) but I'm afraid to loose too much muscle.. Is there something wrong in this nutrition plan or is it just my sensation?

Thank you!

I would say it's a solid plan, but it should be tailored to the amount of calories you currently eat. So if you eat 3000 a day, then you only want to cut that down to 2700 or so to lose weight slowly and without killing your metabolism. If you normally eat 2500 a day, then 2200 a day is perfect.

Also, the plan should have more veggies! You can never have too many