The 7 Habits Of Healthy Vegans

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Jenie
Rabbit

Re: The 7 Habits Of Healthy Vegans

#16 Postby Jenie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:07 am

It seems to be really healthy tips. In order to remain healthy diet, junk food should be avoided and nutritive foods such as green vegetables should be consumed. Thanks for sharing this informative post.

JubNZ
Manatee

#17 Postby JubNZ » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:42 am

So I have been Vegan for 55 days or so now, and the number one tip I can give for those who are considering Vegan but feel like there are only a few meals to make is to vary our beans!

There's so many beans out there, today I got red kidney beans, butter beans, chick peas, canneloni and another kind I cant remember (Bartoli??), different day - different bean = different meal completely
Just do it.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

#18 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 am

Ojibwa wrote:I know what you mean about the cheese -- it is very hard to give up, and the fake cheeses are pretty lame, especially if you want them melted. Veggie slices aren't too bad, but they don't melt well. I'm finding eating vegan VERY enjoyable because I love to cook and I've been experimenting with all kinds of ethnic recipes. Americans eat tons of meat, but most of the rest of the world doesn't. Try Indian, Israeli, and Moroccan recipes, and learn to use spices and herbs.

There's a good vegan cheese company in NZ luckily for me, I use the stuff a fair bit and tastes pretty damn good.

Think it gets imported from the UK as it's about twice the price of normal cheese lol.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”