protein

I have been doing vegan for about a month so far. Love how much energy i have. I have been lifting for about ten years. I am 49. I was a major meat eater. Many cows and chickens died for me.

Anyway, even though i feel great, my numbers in the gym have started dropping off just this week. I suspect i am not getting enough protein. I have only lost a couple pounds in the month since i started vegan so its not that im not eating enough. Im doing lots of brown rice, beans, tofu, veggies, fruit, gettting proper fats from almond peanut butter, barleans 3-6-9 omega. Using animal stack vitamin packs.

I want to start using a vegan protein powder. What do you recommend? What tastes good? About a year ago i tried soy protein powder from gnc and it tasted horrible. Also, i am highly allergic to Sucralose, so it cant have that as an ingrediant.

Any help would be appreciated. I really love the vegan thing but i dont want to lose my hard earned muscle either

I sometimes put some cocoa with my shake and a teaspoon of regular sugar in if I really don't feel like having it plain (I have unflavoured pure soy protein powder, so it does taste of ass on its own too). Sometimes you have to make a sacrifice and do what's best for your training - gulping down a protein shake is only a few seconds out of your day and you can wash it down with another drink, and it's over.

There are other ways to use a protein powder - use it in cooking, pancakes, pizza base, naan bread etc. You don't notice it so much then