Subway Veggie Patty (Canada)

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

endcruelty
Elephant

Subway Veggie Patty (Canada)

#1 Postby endcruelty » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:59 am

http://www.cok.net/blog/2011/10/subway- ... ons-canada

It's yum, so yum :D It's a bit pricey, more than the most expensive sub on their menu, but it's so delicious and I want support vegan food in "regular" restaurants so I'll continue to eat once in awhile :) I didn't even read or hear anything about this patty, so was surprised when I stumbled on it. I believe 2 of their breads are vegan too - 9 Grain Wheat and Italian. I also checked a location closer to home that wasn't on the list, and they had it - so check other locations even if they're not on the list.

Fellow vegans in the US, your patty is not vegan - so avoid it if you're strict on vegan food.

(not my image)
Last edited by endcruelty on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mina
Manatee

Re: Subway Veggie Patty (Canada)

#2 Postby Mina » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:29 am

Wow? Really? Vegan? Not just an egg-soaked mashed up patty like at murder king? This sounds just too good to be true lol ;)

The last I checked, the Canadian bread was not Vegan though. Some thing about mono- & di-glycerides or something. This was several years ago however. Any updates on that?

lobsteriffic
Stegosaurus

#3 Postby lobsteriffic » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 am

Ooh, next time I'm home for a visit I need to give this a try! So many times when I visit out in the boonies Subway is the only option for food. It would be nice to not have to eat some sad veggies on bread.

Mina
Manatee

Re: Re: Subway Veggie Patty (Canada)

#4 Postby Mina » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:11 pm

lobsteriffic wrote: It would be nice to not have to eat some sad veggies on bread.

Ugh seriously. Like wow, thanks subway, this is exactly how Vegans eat: the same foods, just without any added protein.... I can't help but believe restaurants contribute to how people perceive a Vegan diet lol. All they do is take the animal products out. How creative... No wonder people think Veganism is strict and deprived.

So, kudos for *finally* making a real effort to offer a real veg option... To bad in my case it's too little too late, esp since the American subways don't have a Vegan patty... /facepalm. On the bright side, if they do it well & it catches on, they might come out with more options! =D

Womnedarb
Finch

#5 Postby Womnedarb » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:57 pm

I live in Austin and the Subway next to my apt complex has the vegan patties. :-)

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Cellar Yeti
Gorilla

#6 Postby Cellar Yeti » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Any idea if any locations in San Diego have these available? I love their totally veggie sandwiches and have actually brought Tofurky with me to Subway to put on it a few times. lol.
Live cautiously to make it safely to death

HorseSense
Manatee

#7 Postby HorseSense » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:15 pm

I'm IFing and don't usually get hungry for the 16 hrs that I don't eat but that patty looks GOOOD and is that sauce vegan as well? Gawd that looks good! :popcorn:

*goes to get some water* :lol:
High carb, low fat, whole foods. Any questions?

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”