Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
Tarzan
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Germany

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#16 Postby Tarzan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Vegetarian/veganism is not healthier than a well considered omnivorous diet. A majority of the discussion on this site is about how to get the same results as everyone else while on a very restricted diet. I have yet to find a legit argument that the human body is remotely designed for a vegetarian diet, or that eating a well-considered vegan diet is an improvement on anything but the most decadent western diet. If you want to be a bodybuilder on a vegan diet, it can be done, I can help you myself, but you would do a LOT better on a healthy omnivorous diet.

User avatar
mrsbadmouth
Rabbit
Posts: 44
Age: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: Illinoize
Contact:

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#17 Postby mrsbadmouth » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Then why are you on a site for vegan bodybuilding? To argue with everyone?

veghead25
Rabbit
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm
Location: Europe

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#18 Postby veghead25 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:41 am

Tarzan wrote:Vegetarian/veganism is not healthier than a well considered omnivorous diet. A majority of the discussion on this site is about how to get the same results as everyone else while on a very restricted diet. I have yet to find a legit argument that the human body is remotely designed for a vegetarian diet, or that eating a well-considered vegan diet is an improvement on anything but the most decadent western diet. If you want to be a bodybuilder on a vegan diet, it can be done, I can help you myself, but you would do a LOT better on a healthy omnivorous diet.


Are you saying that I won't get constipated if I go on your well considered omnivorous diet?
Last edited by veghead25 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
On vacation.

Mufflon
Rabbit
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#19 Postby Mufflon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:02 am

I always wonder what this "well-balanced" omnivorous diet is supposed to mean. How many animal products? And how should the amount be distributed between fish, meat, eggs and dairy?

All questions I'm too lazy to seek an answer for, LOL. I'd rather stay plant based.

User avatar
Tarzan
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Germany

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#20 Postby Tarzan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:36 am

veghead25 wrote:
Tarzan wrote:Vegetarian/veganism is not healthier than a well considered omnivorous diet. A majority of the discussion on this site is about how to get the same results as everyone else while on a very restricted diet. I have yet to find a legit argument that the human body is remotely designed for a vegetarian diet, or that eating a well-considered vegan diet is an improvement on anything but the most decadent western diet. If you want to be a bodybuilder on a vegan diet, it can be done, I can help you myself, but you would do a LOT better on a healthy omnivorous diet.


Are you saying that I won't get constipated if I go on your well considered omnivorous diet?

It depends what you eat and what state your intestines are in.

User avatar
Tarzan
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Germany

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#21 Postby Tarzan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:38 am

Mufflon wrote:I'm too lazy to seek an answer for, LOL. I'd rather stay plant based.

That is all I care to read. Someone probably told you veganism is healthier and you just went along and did it like a good sheep.

User avatar
Tarzan
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Germany

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#22 Postby Tarzan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:40 am

mrsbadmouth wrote:Then why are you on a site for vegan bodybuilding? To argue with everyone?

I think we spoke before. You already know why I am here, the lack of cholesterol and fat in your brain probably makes it difficult for you to withhold information.

Mufflon
Rabbit
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#23 Postby Mufflon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:24 am

Tarzan wrote:
Mufflon wrote:I'm too lazy to seek an answer for, LOL. I'd rather stay plant based.

That is all I care to read. Someone probably told you veganism is healthier and you just went along and did it like a good sheep.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

veghead25
Rabbit
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm
Location: Europe

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#24 Postby veghead25 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:26 am

It depends what you eat and what state your intestines are in.


Super Clean. I eat lots fruits and veggies. Seldom, whole grain pasta, quinoa and avocados.

Get plenty of Sun when the sun is out. Vitamin D check.

Why do I get constipated? and why do I fart when I eat meat? Since you think you are so smart.

Tarzan wrote:
mrsbadmouth wrote:Then why are you on a site for vegan bodybuilding? To argue with everyone?

I think we spoke before. You already know why I am here, the lack of cholesterol and fat in your brain probably makes it difficult for you to withhold information.


Uneducated people like yourself should run back to your paleo site before you get banned. :wink:
On vacation.

Mufflon
Rabbit
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#25 Postby Mufflon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:29 am

veghead25 wrote:Why do I get constipated? and why do I fart when I eat meat? Since you think you are so smart.

Well, maybe you're a "good sheep" as well - we're plant eaters after all. So of course you have to fart when you eat meat. :zunge:

veghead25
Rabbit
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm
Location: Europe

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#26 Postby veghead25 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:44 am

Mufflon wrote:Well, maybe you're a "good sheep" as well - we're plant eaters after all. So of course you have to fart when you eat meat. :zunge:


hahahaha. I know eh.

The point he doesn't understand is that bacteria in the intestines produce ammonia to break down the meat for him. :lachmal:
On vacation.

User avatar
Synny667
Elephant
Posts: 1813
Age: 38
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:06 pm
Location: Lee's Summit,MO
Contact:

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#27 Postby Synny667 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:52 am

Um farting has nothing to do with eating meat. A lot of vegetables are gas producing foods. Gas is produced while ingesting and digesting foods.
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

User avatar
Tarzan
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Germany

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#28 Postby Tarzan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:53 am

It is so easy for you to all jump in for an argument when I keep things simple. It is cute.

User avatar
Tarzan
Rabbit
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am
Location: Germany

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#29 Postby Tarzan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:55 am

Farting is caused by bacteria in the gut digesting proteins, sugars etc that have not been properly digested. If eating meat causes farting then it is likely you have poor bile production/ low stomach acidity. I recommend drinking ginger tea before eating and having some fresh beet juice every morning.

Mufflon
Rabbit
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?

#30 Postby Mufflon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:37 am

Synny667 wrote:Um farting has nothing to do with eating meat. A lot of vegetables are gas producing foods. Gas is produced while ingesting and digesting foods.

True of course. :wink:


Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests