Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:51 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:07 pm
Posts: 63
Tarzan wrote:
It is so easy for you to all jump in for an argument when I keep things simple. It is cute.

Nope. What's really cute is that you're in a huff because people here don't agree with you and don't like to be insulted by someonw who acts like a know-it-all about nutrition. It's quite ridiculous.

There is indeed no evidence that eating a vegan diet is healthier than eating an omnivorous diet with a few animal products. There is also no evdence that a well-planned vegan diet is less healthy than a well-planned omnivorous diet. Each diet has its own issues. However, there is still the question how much and what animal products have their place in the human diet. I guess that question might have been too complicated since you prefered an insult over a real answer or what? :roll:

Nutrition experts only talk about "moderation" but how many or how little animal products are healthy or not - I've never seen a definite answer about that, only vague guesswork and even that differed from one source to the next.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:19 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Europe
Tarzan wrote:
Farting is caused by bacteria in the gut digesting proteins, sugars etc that have not been properly digested. If eating meat causes farting then it is likely you have poor bile production/ low stomach acidity. I recommend drinking ginger tea before eating and having some fresh beet juice every morning.


How do these bacteria digest the meat? Ammonia? ... ??

I'm not looking for a temporary fix. Does the ginger tea and beet juice stimulate hydrochloric acid?

Synny667 wrote:
Um farting has nothing to do with eating meat. A lot of vegetables are gas producing foods. Gas is produced while ingesting and digesting foods.


The point I was trying to make is that the gas produced from digesting meat stinks while the once in a while gas from vegetables is odorless. For me anyways since I've drank a lot of fresh carrot juice over the years to clean up my gastrointestinal tract.

Are you referring to onions and garlic? Vegetables with sulfur amino acids? Maybe these cause stinky gas?

_________________
On vacation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:32 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am
Posts: 155
Location: Germany
veghead25 wrote:
Tarzan wrote:
Farting is caused by bacteria in the gut digesting proteins, sugars etc that have not been properly digested. If eating meat causes farting then it is likely you have poor bile production/ low stomach acidity. I recommend drinking ginger tea before eating and having some fresh beet juice every morning.


How do these bacteria digest the meat? Ammonia? ... ??

I'm not looking for a temporary fix. Does the ginger tea and beet juice stimulate hydrochloric acid?

Ginger tea stimulates stomach acid while the beet juice helps unclog the gall bladder. Meat is broken down in the stomach, by acid, if that is not happening and you have undigested meat in your lower intestines then you have problems. Other things that will help is: Do not eat meat with foods that require other enzymes to digest, this could also leave meat to be not properly digested. High carb (sugar) diets also cause the body to not produce much acid, it will take a while to get that back.

_________________
My Log


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:52 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Europe
Tarzan wrote:
Ginger tea stimulates stomach acid while the beet juice helps unclog the gall bladder. Meat is broken down in the stomach, by acid, if that is not happening and you have undigested meat in your lower intestines then you have problems. Other things that will help is: Do not eat meat with foods that require other enzymes to digest, this could also leave meat to be not properly digested. High carb (sugar) diets also cause the body to not produce much acid, it will take a while to get that back.


There is nothing to get back because it was never low or high. :wink:

What I find strange is that you say we need meat while you use plants to unclog your body of the excessive amounts of fats that come from meat. ?? :? :shock: :? :shock: :?

What does meat have that we can't get from plants?

_________________
On vacation.


Last edited by veghead25 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:58 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am
Posts: 155
Location: Germany
I think you are confused....

I did not say the gall bladder was clogged by fat from meat.

The symptoms you described do show that you have stomach problems.

Let's start with vit b-12 and easily biologically-available, complete proteins.

_________________
My Log


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:03 am 
Offline
Gorilla

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:58 am
Posts: 812
Tarzan wrote:
I think we spoke before. You already know why I am here, the lack of cholesterol and fat in your brain probably makes it difficult for you to withhold information.

"Withhold?" I don't think your omni diet is helping you at all with word choice. If you're going to insult someone else's intelligence, try not to fuck up while doing it.

_________________
--
Bruce


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:04 am 
Offline
Gorilla

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:58 am
Posts: 812
Tarzan wrote:
It depends what you eat and what state your intestines are in.

My intestines are in Georgia. What should I eat?

_________________
--
Bruce


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:05 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am
Posts: 155
Location: Germany
Very good :D

_________________
My Log


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Europe
Tarzan wrote:
I think you are confused....

I did not say the gall bladder was clogged by fat from meat.

The symptoms you described do show that you have stomach problems.

Let's start with vit b-12 and easily biologically-available, complete proteins.


Carbs, proteins, vitamins and minerals don't clog anything. Whats left? Fat. We need fats however not the excessive amounts in meat.

The only thing we Vegans need is to make sure to get enough ALA for EPA/DHA and monounsaturated fats for testosterone.

Complete protein is a myth.

B12, you can read my original 10+ page report once its finished being typed. :wink:

Anything else?

blabbate wrote:
Tarzan wrote:
It depends what you eat and what state your intestines are in.

My intestines are in Georgia. What should I eat?


ROTFL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
On vacation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:11 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am
Posts: 155
Location: Germany
veghead25 wrote:
Tarzan wrote:
I think you are confused....

I did not say the gall bladder was clogged by fat from meat.

The symptoms you described do show that you have stomach problems.

Let's start with vit b-12 and easily biologically-available, complete proteins.


Carbs, proteins, vitamins and minerals don't clog anything. Whats left? Fat. We need fats however not the excessive amounts in meat.

The only thing we Vegans need is to make sure to get enough ALA for EPA/DHA and monounsaturated fats for testosterone.

Complete protein is a myth.

B12, you can read my original 10+ page report once its finished being typed. :wink:

Anything else?

blabbate wrote:
Tarzan wrote:
It depends what you eat and what state your intestines are in.

My intestines are in Georgia. What should I eat?


ROTFL! :lol: :lol: :lol:


HAHAHAHA I do love fantasy-fiction, I would love to read your report.

_________________
My Log


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:30 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Europe
Tarzan wrote:
HAHAHAHA I do love fantasy-fiction, I would love to read your report.


The concept of a spherical Earth was considered "fantasy-fiction" by everyone until it was proven correct.

I would of started eating meat if I hadn't come to the truth.

When are you heading over to delusional paleo land? marksdailyapple is a perfect fit for people like you.

_________________
On vacation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:43 pm 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:37 pm
Posts: 372
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
A good and heated discussion is a good thing. Name-calling, slurrs and the like are not. Knock off the ad hominem attacks and remarks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:36 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 1074
Location: in the Vortex
Mina, I'm glad you brought up the blood type diet. It was one of the many resources I discovered along my health journey. Ironically, I was looking into ayurveda at the same time and I was amazed at how closely they lined up! Certain doshas in ayurveda tend to be certain bloodtypes and the recommendations for eating in each discipline match up with almost spooky accuracy. And ayurveda has been in practice for thousands of years!

I'm blood type A and sure enough, almost all the foods the blood type diet A (and the Pitta-Vata dosha) says to avoid are foods that I don't care much for and steer clear of naturally. Most of the foods recommended by both were already staples for me. I experimented back and forth, added a few spices here and there, and bingo, I had a delicious diet. Shortly after that, I went vegan--which, frankly, wasn't much of a jump by that time.

Since then, I've gone back and forth from vegan, raw vegan, and vegetarian in order to work out some kinks. I found the kink: I was dangerously magnesium deficient. Turns out, once you are seriously magnesium deficient and under a lot of stress, there is no way on earth to get the megadoses of magnesium necessary to balance again from plants alone. That's why I was craving diary and meat so bad and getting ill on a vegan diet--my body was desperate for mag. So, supplements. And they're working--Yay!

I'm going to take a few months to equalize and make sure I'm actually absorbing what I'm eating now (one of the many things mag regulates), and then try raw vegan again. I still follow the blood type diet and ayurveda for the most part because it works so well for me. Statistics and medical tests are worthless to me if I wasn't in them; I always conduct my own test, I call it "eating." :lol: The blood type diet has a load of great information in it and I learned a lot about how the circulatory, endocrine, and the gastrointestinal systems rely on one another. As you said, you don't have to adhere to the diet tightly to get a huge benefit from it. It would be interesting to learn how blood type lines up with ectomorphs, mesomorphs, and endomorphs, too, because ayurveda sure does!

Baby Herc, a gorgeous mesomorph pitta-vata A

_________________
Power [][][][][][][][][][]
Speed [][]
Stamina [][][][][][]
Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:13 pm 
Offline
Manatee
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:16 pm
Posts: 267
Location: Lexington, South Carolina
Well I've learned to not take everything said on any bodybuilding forum as whole truth until I find out more for myself. MOST non-vegan bodybuilding forums are HEAVY on the bro-science with most users on at least some kind of stimulant (not enough energy from carbs/too much protein/fat) and/or whey powder (cheese industry waste).

Many of these people will sit on a keyboard and type out a lie. These forums are a second gym-hangout for these folks and they're happy to give their BS stories.

I'm not saying they're horrible people, just saying there is A LOT of BSing going on while the 'roids and supplements get sold on the side and BS article after BS article gets written.

Having been a follower and participant of many forums since the beginning of the internet (and even before, who remembers BBSs?), I followed a lot of BS advice, spent a lot of $$ on useless crap my poor body had to deal with, and dealt with many injuries and "one size fits all" programs and exercises.

In the past 8 mos I've never been more healthy and INJURY FREE since finally following the advice of folks who know what they're doing, and it's mostly been from following experienced, humble truth tellers/teachers on Youtube. In fact Youtube is where I discovered Robert Cheeke who inspired me to go back to being vegan (didn't do it right the first time) and KNOWING I could build muscle at the same time!

_________________
High carb, low fat, whole foods. Any questions?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any vegans who lapsed and returned...?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:34 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:28 am
Posts: 17
I became a vegetarian when I was around 13 or 14 years old, started eating meat again around 16 or 17 or such, when I was 19 or 20 I became a vegetarian again, for a short while, then I ate meat again because I wanted to become stronger and I didn't really look for any alternatives, in all honesty I was just plain ignorant and perhaps stupid :P .. I became a vegetarian again about a year ago or such and a vegan a month, almost 2 months ago. But the only thing I still ate was cheese and sometimes some milk-chocolate. I've had a lot of back and forth swings, most of the time it was because I'm easily persuaded, influenced, etc. Though that is less nowadays ^^ .. I'm 23 years old now, by the way.

Also, I'd like to add to the jungle man, Tarzan, (aren't you supposed to be eating fruits all day long, you're tarzan, you live in the jungle, with monkeys and apes, they eat fruit and leaves, perhaps some insects now and then yes?) I personally became a vegan because I want to minimalize the suffering in the world. I know that it's far to complicated to completely eradicate all the suffering in the world today, though hopefully in the future, and being a vegan is one of the best ways to aid in that cause; to make the suffering in this world less. Eating meat equals contributing to the suffering in my personal opinion. I could care less if my diet and or lifestyle would cause me to die a few years before most omnivores would, or that I would get to little of this or to little of that and therefor be in risk of this and that.. I'm a vegan because I want to help in making the world a little bit better and eventually, hopefully, a LOT better. Also, apart from a few uneducated vegans, I'm pretty sure most vegans are extremely healthy and that's good enough for me :) .. I don't know the science stuff behind it, just sharing my opinions.

I DO feel a LOT better physically since I became a vegan though. my body feels better, that counts for a lot to me :D

sorry for possibly feeding a heated discussion!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group