Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: My performance diet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:02 am 
Offline
Finch

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:04 pm
Posts: 4
I would like to share with you my current nutrition program. I switched from vegetarian to vegan about 2 months ago so I am not sure if it is good enough but it works great for me! I have plenty of energy, I do not need so much sleep and what is the best - I lost 2 lb of fat and added 1 lb of muscles in just one month. It suprised me because I eat plenty of calories - almost 3800.

So, here it is:

1. meal - 5:30 AM
400 g random fruit (apples, oranges, berries)
2. meal - 6:30 AM
70 g rolled oats
20 g raisins
10 g shredded coconut
20 g protein powder (I mix pea and rice protein for better ratio of amino acids)
3. meal - 10:00 AM
30 g random seeds or nuts (walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds etc.)
200 g wholewheat bread
85 g hummus
200 g vegetables (pepper, broccoli, tomato, carrot - whatever I want)
4. meal - 1:00 PM
70 g legumes (lentils, beans, chickpeas etc.)
70 g cereals (cooked rice, quinoa, amaranth, millet, barley etc.)
20 g pumpkin seeds
5. meal - 30 min before workout
I prepare shake that consist of
200 g fruit
100 g greens (spinach, kale, broccoli...)
20 g flax seeds
6. meal
50 g cooked millet
10 g sugar
1 banana
- blend it together like a pudding
7. meal - 8:00 PM
vegan dinner consist of tofu or seitan or some beans, plenty of vegetables.
8. meal - 10:00 PM
25 g protein powder


Together:
E - 3775 cal.
P - 150 g
S - 582 g
F - 89 g

I also drink 3 l of water every day.

It will be great if you give me some piece of advice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: My performance diet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:36 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:16 pm
Posts: 20
gobigo wrote:
Too much protein. The body does not actually need protein since it uses amino acids from apples and tree bark etc. Also far too many calories. Did you know the strongest humans pound for pound are sub 200lbs? Aim for 0 calories and eat a lot of fibre, but chew a lot because the best nutrients are in there. If you bombard your body with sugars and starches and proteins the body is unable to extract them and adapt to a natural diet.


What a load of bollocks. OP should ignore this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My performance diet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:39 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:10 am
Posts: 2138
Location: New Jersey, USA
i would reduce sugar and increase protein and increase water to 5 liters. fruit is good but when you say 10g sugar just pure table sugar? probably not the best

_________________
Darth Vader from Sandlot once said, "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die." Then he later died.
https://www.facebook.com/LaurenHarrisonAnbfPro
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeeeeech
https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: My performance diet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:40 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:16 pm
Posts: 20
Your plan looks solid but are you sure that all adds up to 3800? You have so many meals it's hard to tell.

Keep it up!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My performance diet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:58 am 
Offline
Finch

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:11 am
Posts: 4
I don't think it looks too bad, How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Do you know body fat% and are you trying to build mass or lose fat?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My performance diet
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:41 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:52 am
Posts: 116
Location: Derby, UK
gobigo wrote:
mas wrote:
gobigo wrote:
Too much protein. The body does not actually need protein since it uses amino acids from apples and tree bark etc. Also far too many calories. Did you know the strongest humans pound for pound are sub 200lbs? Aim for 0 calories and eat a lot of fibre, but chew a lot because the best nutrients are in there. If you bombard your body with sugars and starches and proteins the body is unable to extract them and adapt to a natural diet.


What a load of bollocks. OP should ignore this post.

Instead of being obscene please state your arguments with my post.


Sorry but you are either a wizard-level troll or you are talking bollocks. Stating that you can get sufficient protein from apples & tree bark is completely raving mad.

150g protein per day is in no way excessive; actually it's on the low side for a bulking diet of almost 4000kcal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My performance diet
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:15 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:53 am
Posts: 1481
Location: Scotland
gobigo wrote:
Aim for 0 calories

That is actually the funniest shit I've read ever.

_________________
My training log brushteeth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My performance diet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:05 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:18 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Orange County
gobigo wrote:
Too much protein. The body does not actually need protein since it uses amino acids from apples and tree bark etc. Also far too many calories. Did you know the strongest humans pound for pound are sub 200lbs? Aim for 0 calories and eat a lot of fibre, but chew a lot because the best nutrients are in there. If you bombard your body with sugars and starches and proteins the body is unable to extract them and adapt to a natural diet.


Sigh... I wish that some people would realize that when a new Vegan comes to a board like this and the 1st post he gets is to eat tree bark and aim for zero calories... you make us all look bad!

Are you entitled to your opinion? Yes, but you hurt more than help when someone comes looking for solid advise on their Vegan PERFORMANCE diet and you tell them to eat tree bark. And to say that most Vegan dietitians would back your statements??? I'm not even going to respond to that hoping that most people will just know that is ludicrous.

willisamsvk... follow the advise of junkinthefrunk. As far as performance, the diet advise would depend on what you are trying to increase performance FOR (sports, increasing muscle, losing fat?) but assuming you are trying to build muscle, switch to stevia for pudding if you like it sweet, increase your protein a bit and also try to increase your water intake as she previously stated.

_________________
http://www.veganpersonaltraining.com;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My performance diet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:04 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:32 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Illinoize
Maybe it's because i'm not wearing my glasses, but you look more like a troll.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My performance diet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:40 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:16 pm
Posts: 20
gobigo wrote:
Follow the adivce of women so you can look like a woman. who wants to look like a gorilla like me?


Classy.

If I follow your advice will I look like a douchebag?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My performance diet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:43 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:16 pm
Posts: 20
gobigo wrote:
you have no idea what i look like brother, but i do no appreciate the name calling.


Why does your signature point to another members log?

Christ, the quality of trolls these days is really declining... you could at least try...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My performance diet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm
Posts: 21052
Location: Austin, TX
Sorry we missed all these troll/spam posts. We've fixed it by removing the problem.

If you see something out of the ordinary, send me, Richard, or SyrLinus an email or message on the forum and we'll sort it out.

Thanks!

-Robert

_________________

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My performance diet
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:23 pm 
Offline
Finch

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:04 pm
Posts: 4
Thanks for all your replies.
I am currently changing my diet because I want to loose fat (a little). Now I am 182 cm heigth, 76 kg weigth and 10% BF. I plan to reduce BF to 5% so I am cutting some carbohydrates (white sugar etc.). Since I have no troubles with loosing weight I can eat a lot and still loosing BF because I do a lot of cardio. I will post some photos of my progress soon, I am wating for sunbathing for better looking. And yes, I started drink bigger amount of water (also because it is extremly hot in Slovakia now).

Once again - thanks for your replies.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group