My performance diet

I would like to share with you my current nutrition program. I switched from vegetarian to vegan about 2 months ago so I am not sure if it is good enough but it works great for me! I have plenty of energy, I do not need so much sleep and what is the best - I lost 2 lb of fat and added 1 lb of muscles in just one month. It suprised me because I eat plenty of calories - almost 3800.

So, here it is:

1. meal - 5:30 AM

400 g random fruit (apples, oranges, berries)

2. meal - 6:30 AM

70 g rolled oats

20 g raisins

10 g shredded coconut

20 g protein powder (I mix pea and rice protein for better ratio of amino acids)

3. meal - 10:00 AM

30 g random seeds or nuts (walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds etc.)

200 g wholewheat bread

85 g hummus

200 g vegetables (pepper, broccoli, tomato, carrot - whatever I want)

4. meal - 1:00 PM

70 g legumes (lentils, beans, chickpeas etc.)

70 g cereals (cooked rice, quinoa, amaranth, millet, barley etc.)

20 g pumpkin seeds

5. meal - 30 min before workout

I prepare shake that consist of

200 g fruit

100 g greens (spinach, kale, broccoli...)

20 g flax seeds

6. meal

50 g cooked millet

10 g sugar

1 banana

- blend it together like a pudding

7. meal - 8:00 PM

vegan dinner consist of tofu or seitan or some beans, plenty of vegetables.

8. meal - 10:00 PM

25 g protein powder

Together:

E - 3775 cal.

P - 150 g

S - 582 g

F - 89 g

I also drink 3 l of water every day.

It will be great if you give me some piece of advice.

• 2 weeks later...
Too much protein. The body does not actually need protein since it uses amino acids from apples and tree bark etc. Also far too many calories. Did you know the strongest humans pound for pound are sub 200lbs? Aim for 0 calories and eat a lot of fibre, but chew a lot because the best nutrients are in there. If you bombard your body with sugars and starches and proteins the body is unable to extract them and adapt to a natural diet.

What a load of bollocks. OP should ignore this post.

Too much protein. The body does not actually need protein since it uses amino acids from apples and tree bark etc. Also far too many calories. Did you know the strongest humans pound for pound are sub 200lbs? Aim for 0 calories and eat a lot of fibre, but chew a lot because the best nutrients are in there. If you bombard your body with sugars and starches and proteins the body is unable to extract them and adapt to a natural diet.

What a load of bollocks. OP should ignore this post.

Instead of being obscene please state your arguments with my post.

Sorry but you are either a wizard-level troll or you are talking bollocks. Stating that you can get sufficient protein from apples & tree bark is completely raving mad.

150g protein per day is in no way excessive; actually it's on the low side for a bulking diet of almost 4000kcal.

Sigh... I wish that some people would realize that when a new Vegan comes to a board like this and the 1st post he gets is to eat tree bark and aim for zero calories... you make us all look bad!

Are you entitled to your opinion? Yes, but you hurt more than help when someone comes looking for solid advise on their Vegan PERFORMANCE diet and you tell them to eat tree bark. And to say that most Vegan dietitians would back your statements??? I'm not even going to respond to that hoping that most people will just know that is ludicrous.

willisamsvk... follow the advise of junkinthefrunk. As far as performance, the diet advise would depend on what you are trying to increase performance FOR (sports, increasing muscle, losing fat?) but assuming you are trying to build muscle, switch to stevia for pudding if you like it sweet, increase your protein a bit and also try to increase your water intake as she previously stated.

you have no idea what i look like brother, but i do no appreciate the name calling.

Why does your signature point to another members log?

Christ, the quality of trolls these days is really declining... you could at least try...

Sorry we missed all these troll/spam posts. We've fixed it by removing the problem.

If you see something out of the ordinary, send me, Richard, or SyrLinus an email or message on the forum and we'll sort it out.

Thanks!

-Robert

Thanks for all your replies.

I am currently changing my diet because I want to loose fat (a little). Now I am 182 cm heigth, 76 kg weigth and 10% BF. I plan to reduce BF to 5% so I am cutting some carbohydrates (white sugar etc.). Since I have no troubles with loosing weight I can eat a lot and still loosing BF because I do a lot of cardio. I will post some photos of my progress soon, I am wating for sunbathing for better looking. And yes, I started drink bigger amount of water (also because it is extremly hot in Slovakia now).

Once again - thanks for your replies.