all powder

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

V VII Hero

all powder

#1 Postby V VII Hero » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:12 pm

okay so I been trying to think of a more cost effecient way to get enough protein. and also I am getting sick of eating the same things day in and day out to make sure I get enough protein. I mainly consume food for energy and not taste. but i am seriously getting tired of tasting the same things.

I'm also not getting enough calories.

I'm thinking about making sure I get at least 200g of protein a day from protein shakes.

1 shake= 50g soy isolate protein powder (220 calories), two bananas, strawberries, and soymilk

I plan to have 3 shakes throughout the day. I will have 1 X 50g (morning), 1X50g (noon), and 1X100g (evening).

I plan to start eating a lot more carbs too.

and since i will be getting at least 200g a day, I wont worry about if I am getting enough protein....I think I will probabably be taking in at least 300g in daily total.

I plan to eat lots of wholewheat spaghetti, bagels, rice, lentils, etc.

#2 Postby madcat » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:18 am

I like smoothies made with frozen bananas, soymilk, and a couple of scoops of peanut butter. Lots of yummy protein and fat and gosh darn cheap. I’ve never had a problem getting enough carbs.

#3 Postby Daywalker » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:29 pm

Hey Hero!

Did you do this?
What are your experiences? Did it work? Did it show results?

I personally wouldn't do that, because i think it's unnatural to drink three highly concentrated soy protein shakes per day. If that really would be necessary to build muscle, i think then i rather wouldn't build muscle. There are other protein sources, check the other thread.

Daywalker :)
No one said it would be easy.

Site Admin

#4 Postby Richard » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:49 am

I'd also like to know the results of this if you did it. At one stage, I was consuming about 150g of soy protein from shakes per day, but was doing ineffectual lifting :( and that's why I think I sucked. I can't see why this wouldn't work, as long as there's at least some other sources of protein like you said.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”