25 Tips for Eating Vegetarian while Traveling

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

robert
Site Admin

25 Tips for Eating Vegetarian while Traveling

#1 Postby robert » Tue May 08, 2012 11:02 am

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

klouisjean
Rabbit

Re: 25 Tips for Eating Vegetarian while Traveling

#2 Postby klouisjean » Wed May 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Thanks for this link!!! I am travelling to Chicago in August and have been freaking out about the lack of vegan-friendly restaurants near the hotel I'm staying at. And the last time I flew was when I was vegetarian and I also wasn't the healthiest vegetarian at that. So, this is a new experience. I've definitely taken coolers filled with prepared foods and snacks when driving but I won't have that luxury with flying.

I will have to try some of the tips on the blog. :D Plus I have a few months to prepare for the trip.

Thanks!
You have to want it as bad as you want to breathe!

Cold Fission
Gorilla

#3 Postby Cold Fission » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:39 am

"3. When people ask me how I maintain my vegan diet when I travel to remote places that don’t seem exceptionally vegan-friendly such as Alabama and Mississippi, or France or Poland, I am quick to remind people that every small and large town I have ever been to anywhere in the world, has grocery stores and some have farmers markets. One doesn’t have to find a vegetarian restaurant to find vegetarian food. Grocery stores are stocked full of produce. Go eat it."

This is how i would go about it.Can't be fooled by wholefoods.
I love you (♥ó㉨ò)ノ♡

klouisjean
Rabbit

#4 Postby klouisjean » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:35 am

Cold Fission wrote:"3. When people ask me how I maintain my vegan diet when I travel to remote places that don’t seem exceptionally vegan-friendly such as Alabama and Mississippi, or France or Poland, I am quick to remind people that every small and large town I have ever been to anywhere in the world, has grocery stores and some have farmers markets. One doesn’t have to find a vegetarian restaurant to find vegetarian food. Grocery stores are stocked full of produce. Go eat it."

This is how i would go about it.Can't be fooled by wholefoods.

Thanks! Yes, I am thinking the way to go is to request a mini-fridge in the hotel and stock it full of fruits and veggies. Plus, I figure most restaurants that we may go to while there (my husband is a carnivore) will have vegetables even if they are side orders. So I can always order a bunch of sides. And I believe there are a couple of grocery stores near the hotel we're staying at so I think this will be good. :D
You have to want it as bad as you want to breathe!

Ronan
Finch

#5 Postby Ronan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:57 pm

It's all common sense really. Even eating very healthy you need to plan ahead sometimes.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”