21 Best Muscle Building Foods for Vegetarians Livestrong.com

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

asparagus
Gorilla

21 Best Muscle Building Foods for Vegetarians Livestrong.com

#1 Postby asparagus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Came across a slideshow on Livestrong.com:

The 21 Best Muscle Building Foods For Vegetarians
http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/556369-the-21-best-muscle-building-foods-for-vegetarians/

It says "for vegetarians" but everything on the list is actually vegan. Pretty cool exposure for vegan weightlifting in any case! The author is a 20 year vegan in socal, anyone know this guy (maybe he posts here?!) :?:
--
My strength log
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:That's 200 solid ass-pounds! Good work buddy.
vegan_rossco, the ghost hunter wrote:I can see how some people might mistake this as paranormal when really its just an example of your brain being an asshole

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: 21 Best Muscle Building Foods for Vegetarians Livestrong

#2 Postby C.O. » Tue May 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Nice I've written articles freelance for Livestrong.com and I hadn't even seen this yet. Thanks for posting. I love articles like this, its talking about foods we all know are good and that we should eat more of but its a good reminder. I know for myself I sometimes get stuck in a routine of eating the same things over and over. Variety is best to make sure we get all the good nutrients included into our diets.

-Dylan

gibry
Rabbit

#3 Postby gibry » Fri May 18, 2012 4:12 pm

great website, thank you for posting.

I don't know some of those products.. for example what is quinoa? I never seen quinoa in Italy :(
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

stcalico
Manatee

#4 Postby stcalico » Fri May 18, 2012 6:27 pm

gibry wrote:..for example what is quinoa? I never seen quinoa in Italy :(

I'd never heard of kale, quinoa, amaranth, hemp, nutritional yeast or many other things before going vegan. I was suprised that I could find most of these things in the local grocery store. Guess I'd just never looked for them before.

Quinoa is awsome with black beans and corn :(http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quinoa-and ... ome%20Page)

I'm not sure where you can get it in Italy tho ... maybe try a search on the web or just ask around.
If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#5 Postby C.O. » Sat May 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Maybe you can order quinoa online some where and have it mailed to you in Italy? It comes dry in box or bag form most commonly. Its a great source of nutrients, even has some protein. Its a delicious alternative to rice. Its like a grain but its not its a seed.

Get some!

-Dylan

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”