High Calorie Pre-Made Shake Question....Please Assist

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

shawnone
Finch

High Calorie Pre-Made Shake Question....Please Assist

#1 Postby shawnone » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi All - Seeking feedback on a high calorie PRE-MADE/PACKAGED shake please. I short, I have been vegan for 2-years & have yet to find pre-made (or powder format...add water or almond milk) that is vegan with, say, 300 calories or so. Does anyone have suggestions please? I need something faaaast that is pre-made or powder & just add water etc. Worst case, if I had to add a few ingredients to bump it up in calories that would be ok. Of course, ideally, low in carbs & high in protein too....the later may be a long shot. Thanks in advance everyone....p.s. I am getting close to "cheating" & falling back to a whey supplement but really trying to keep it vegan. Thanks all!

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: High Calorie Pre-Made Shake Question....Please Assist

#2 Postby C.O. » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:40 pm

I do one scoop of vega one, one scoop of warrior food, and 1.5 cups of coconut milk and a banana (sometimes 2, sometimes berries if I have them). Total calories comes out to about 330. I add several ice cubes as well and blend it.

-Dylan

vegimator
Manatee

#3 Postby vegimator » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Really? You're thinking of giving up veganism because our pre-packaged protein powderss are too low calorie? Add flax or coconut oil to any vegan pre-flavored shake. Done.

shawnone
Finch

#4 Postby shawnone » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Thx for the feedback! Fighting the good fight to remain vegan.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”