Wheatgrass

MikeK

I have just finished reading John Joseph's Meat is for pussies and he recommends wheatgrass a few times so I checked it out. Some of the websites I was on made it sound like this stuff will turn you into superman or that humans can stop looking for the cure to cancer because of this stuff. Im just wondering if anyone on here has any experiece with it? Is it worth trying out?

I don't mind a shot in my juice or smoothie from time to time, but like anything else, it's a healty food with a lot of hype behind it as well that makes it sound far more amazing than it really is. Definitely good for you, but as someone who was taking in lots of it for months (2 oz. of fresh cut juiced wheatgrass daily for 4 months without fail combined with a mostly raw diet at the time) to combat a health issue that it didn't do much of anything for, I know that the hype can outweigh what you'll get out of it if you're looking for something miraculous by chugging a shot or two here and there.

Worth taking? Sure. Is it all that some people claim it to be? Not really.

the bottom line is: wheatgrass is nutritionally very good for humans

-its not going to heal you, or cure your disease.

-its not some miracle food

-the thing its going to do for you is...not hurt you.

your body is the only thing that will heal itself, and as long as your not putting bad stuff in your body, it will heal.

so really, having a shot first thing in the morning is probably one of the best things nutritionally you can do

its roughly the equivalent of having 2-3 pounds of fresh vegetables in one 2 ounce shot