Same foods everyday?

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Fallen_Horse
Elephant

Same foods everyday?

#1 Postby Fallen_Horse » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:48 pm

Can this be healthy? I know competitive bodybuilders tend to eat similar meals each day, but they vary their meals throughout the season. Could it be that there is a combination of foods out there that could be eaten every day and would not lead to vitamin/mineral deficiency or toxicity?
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.

HorseSense
Manatee

Re: Same foods everyday?

#2 Postby HorseSense » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:23 pm

I eat different foods throughout the day, but they are pretty much the same thing everyday. I may change a meal up here and there weekly just to break any potential monotony.
High carb, low fat, whole foods. Any questions?

HorseSense
Manatee

#3 Postby HorseSense » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Oh yea, and my blood work as my doctor said was some of the best he'd ever seen so yea...nothing wrong with it obviously.
High carb, low fat, whole foods. Any questions?

Baby Hercules
Elephant

#4 Postby Baby Hercules » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Unless it drives you out of your freakin' mind with boredom. I tried it for a few months. Almost ran down the street naked firing an Uzi at random signs. I need variety.

Baby Herc
Power [][][][][][][][][][]
Speed [][]
Stamina [][][][][][]
Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

stcalico
Manatee

#5 Postby stcalico » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:21 pm

I go by the rules everything in moderation or that too much of anything is bad for you. I think variety is better/safer to make sure you are getting all micronutrients and not getting too much of anything toxic (like in avocados). I do have my staples and favorites tho which I eat fairly regularly (several times a week or a few times a month), but nothing that I really eat every day.

I worked with someone once who ate an apple, orange and banana for lunch every day; I seriously doubt I would enjoy that myself, but he felt it kept him healthy. I imagine you would need to make do with less variety if you were impoverished.. but thankfully I'm not at this time.
If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

MuskelKatze
Rabbit

#6 Postby MuskelKatze » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:52 pm

I pretty much eat the same everyday of the week and weekends I add a bit of variety... but now, since I'm trying to count EVERYTHING (carbs, calories, protein and fat) for the day either I stick to the same stuff everyday or I spend hours and hours counting...:S

Baby Hercules
Elephant

#7 Postby Baby Hercules » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:09 pm

stcalico wrote:I worked with someone once who ate an apple, orange and banana for lunch every day; I seriously doubt I would enjoy that myself, but he felt it kept him healthy.

Oh, man, I just had a flashback to a highly weird man I dated many years ago who ate the same thing every night: a plate of 16-bean made with water in a crock pot, a piece of Ak-Mak, and a large leaf of red cabbage. I mean EVERY NIGHT--no spices, no oils, no flavor to speak of. I just know he was shopping for a stay at home wife. :wink:

Baby Herc
Power [][][][][][][][][][]
Speed [][]
Stamina [][][][][][]
Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

katymp
Finch

#8 Postby katymp » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:32 am

Your body processes all the same foods the same way. So when you get into a routine of eating the same meals every day, you may experience a plateau (assuming you're looking for weight loss results). So it's definitely good to change it up a little bit, at least every once in a while!

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”