Our pets can make us happier and healthier

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

VBB Moderator

Our pets can make us happier and healthier

#1 Postby C.O. » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Here is a good article on puppies and kitties and how they can make human babies healthier:

http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/09/s ... healthier/

Re: Our pets can make us happier and healthier

#2 Postby HorseSense » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:53 pm

Love it!!

I've always thought there was something special between babies and dogs/cats. I love watching videos (youtube, etc) of babies interactions with dogs as long as the parents are teaching the children to respect the animal (aka no hitting, pinching, pulling, etc), and many cats just seem to be especially passive to babies and toddlers, too.

My niece as a toddler used to love to pick up and carry everything. When a stray cat found her way under my sister's house to have some kittens my sister adopted them and fed em, so naturally the cat became friendly. That cat let my niece pick it up and carry her anywhere she wanted to go, dragging her legs and tail everywhere. lol Had it wanted to go free as a typical cat you know it simply would have, but it really loved my niece enough to let her do that.
High carb, low fat, whole foods. Any questions?

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”