Wheat/Gluten/Soy Free diet for Anxiety relief

I'm trying to overcome an anxiety era in my life right now. I'm soon changing jobs which I hope will help a lot with this but want to adopt a pretty strict diet free of wheat, gluten and soy.

Anyone find anxiety relief with such a diet?

What are some must-haves I should include? What should I definitly avoid?

I don't know about specifically lowering anxiety from excluding soy, wheat and gluten from your diet although it may help take stress off of your body especially if you have an allergy to any of those three items, which many people do and aren't even aware of.

Here are some things that I know work:

Yoga, getting enough sleep (be in the dark an hour before going to sleep with no bright lights especially no tv or computer during this time will help you sleep much better), meditation, cut out coffee.

-Dylan

I find that cutting these out, along with caffeine definitely helped ease anxiety.

Of course as CO mentioned, other factors help. Getting enough sleep is huge. If you've been chronically sleep deprived it may take months to form new habits of going to bed earlier, getting more sleep and paying back sleep your debt. Even if you get several nights of 10+ hours sleep you won't feel better immediately. It takes time. I haven't tried yoga, but so far the small amount of meditation I have done has helped tremendously.

I would recommend making fruits and vegetables your staples, along with brown rice and sweet potatoes. If you are detoxing off caffeine, maca root powder can help.

@ Iron Clad Ben..

Keep in mind, over 10 hours of sleep is not recommended by most professionals out there. You cannot "catch up" on sleep that you missed. You can however, prepare for it. Such as, sleeping extra (10+ hours) one night when you know the next night you won't get much sleep. Your body does not need more than 10 hrs of sleep as long as you are getting proper nutrition. Best thing in that situation is to get back on the correct routine as quickly as possible and riding it out.

http://bodybuildingvegetarians.wordpress.com/

Good to remember Bryce. Do you have sources/links for the info where you got your sleep information? I am curious about learning more about sleep and its effects on health.

Checking out bodybuildingvegetarians.wordpress.com now too

-Dylan