My food schedule

Lani

Hi guys!

I'm new here and I've recently become a vegan after being a vegetarian for a while, though I've switched between being a vegetarian and a meat-eater quite some times in the past.

Here's my introduction post:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28607

I would like to post my daily food schedule and would love to hear comments and/or advice because, to be very honest, I have no clue what I'm doing! Well, maybe it's not that bad, but I'm not exactly experienced with all of this.

The timing of the meals can be a bit different in practice because I'm a very slow eater so if my schedule says I eat at 10:00 then I'm usually done eating around 10:30 and so if I had another meal planned at 11:00 it would jump to 11:30 and thus it's never really very accurate.. I try to avoid this by preparing my meals before the time I planned to eat them and start eating a little bit before the time as well, but I'm still getting used to all of it!

I started around 2 or 3 weeks ago and my goal is to become bigger, simply bigger. I don't necessarily want to gain big muscles and all that, I'm happy with getting some fat too.

Right now I'm 190 centimetres and I weight around 68.5 kilograms, I look way to skinny in my opinion and I'm very insecure about myself because of it. So I want to become bigger and I really don't mind having more fat then all of the dry bodybuilders =) .. I also focus mostly on the muscles in my arms for now.

And so, here is my daily food schedule that I've been on for about 2 or 3 weeks, already gained half a kilogram in 2 weeks so at least it's working a little =D .. I hope to gradually eat more once I get used to it. Mind you that this new diet is already twice as much as what I ate before, I think, not sure at all really.

Also me and my boyfriend have a vitamin B12 pill of 1000microgram every day, usually after dinner.

Breakfast

I usually stand up around 7:30 and have breakfast between 8:00 and 8:30, I always eat oatmeal with water and put all kinds of tasty goodie things in it! ^^ I also drink a glass of lemonade in the morning (one that is actually okay-ish, as in, it's not a huge load of sugar and sweeteners, just concentrated fruit extract (75% fruit, sugar and high fructose corn syrup (had to look it up!)).

Oatmeal - 9 spoons

Hazelnuts - 7

Almonds - 4

Cashew Nuts - 12

Raisins&Currants - 2 spoons

Sesame Seeds - 1 spoon

Sunflower Seeds - 1 spoon

Pumpkin Seeds - 1 spoon

Chia Seeds - 1 tea spoon

Nutritional Yeast - 1 spoon

After breakfast my boyfriend always repeats a certain Buddhist text (when he's here at least, when he's not around I just read it myself) and I listen to that while doing some stretching and light work-out (usually in the form of dancing or martial-arts style moves).

Meal 2

At 10:00 I try to have my second meal, usually simply a bunch of sandwiches or knäckebröd

2 or 3 Whole Wheat Bread with peanut butter or nutpaste (mostly hazulnut and almonds) or cashewnutpaste. Sometimes knäckebröd with home-made bean-paste or hummus.

Sometimes I skip meal 2 when not hungry or when I forget or simply loose track of time or such.

Lunch

For lunch, at 12:00 I simply eat 2 sandwiches with either peanut butter, nutpaste or cashewnutpaste. Or I eat knäckebröd with home-made bean-paste or hummus. When I forget meal 2, or when I wasn't hungry, I usually have yoghurt (meal 4) for lunch and then I often eat 4 sandwiches around 14:00 instead.

Meal 4

Around 14:00 I usually have my 4th meal, most of the time it's yoghurt. This is the meal before my workout.

Soy Yoghurt - 100-150 grams (unsure)

Banana - 1

Coconut* - 2 tea spoons

Hazelnuts - 6

Almonds - 3

Cashew Nuts - 12

Raisins&Currants - 1 spoon

Sesame Seeds - 1 tea spoon

Sunflower Seeds - 1 tea spoon

Pumpkin Seeds - 1 tea spoon

Chia Seeds - 1 tea spoon

Goji berries - 1 tea spoon

I use this coconut stuff, which is just plain crushed coconut.. not sure how else to describe it!

My work out is around 15:30 because I don't want to work out right after my meal and I don't really eat that fast so I'm usually done around 14:30 with my 4th meal (the yoghurt).

Work Out

My work out is usually very simple, every day I do a bit of stretching and some cardio, I like to dance a little or do some martial-arts style moves and such. I don't go outside so I can't go running or go to a gym and such. I plan to have special days for strength training, on those days I will lift weights and do push-ups, still need to see how much of that I will do, but there will be 3 days between those days.

A typical work out for me is stretching, doing some random exercises by dancing or trying out some martial-arts moves (punching, kicking, etc), a few push-ups (usually 10 or 20 in total) and I have these little weights that I often use -while- dancing, martial-art-stuff or just lifting them, they're really not heavy at all but then again, I'm not very strong yet!

Meal 5

This is my meal after my work out, it's usually just 1 apple and maybe a sandwich if I'm hungry with peanutbutter, or a knäckebrod with bean-paste or hummus again.

Dinner

Dinner is between 17:00 and 17:30, depends on my parents, though me and my boyfriend have a complete meal of our own because my parents aren't anywhere near vegans, sadly =(

Our typical dinner is brown rice, 300 grams stir fried veggies (usually carrot, paprika, tomato, leek, garlic and sometimes broccoli or collyflower). Often we use a peanutsauce simply made of peanutbutter with sambal, ketjap and garlic. We use mock-meat (tofu, tempeh, veggie burger, etc) in our dinner. We stir fry it in olive oil or corn oil*.

We try to vary using pasta, potatoes and different kinds of vegetables and/or beans.

Sometimes I toss in some seeds (sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds) and some olive oil (cold, extra-virgin).

we use corn oil, but I'm not sure what kind of oil.. I read on wikipedia that its not even healthy O_o but the kind that we use is called 'mais kiem olie' in dutch, if I google it, I only find a lot of articles on how healthy it is.. can't find any articles on that it's unhealthy.. not so sure about all the omega fatty stuff either, don't know anything about that stuff yet.. though according to my boyfriend I don't have to worry to much, but maybe you guys could elaborate on that if possible =)

Meal 7

My 7th meal is around 19:30 or 20:00, it's usually yoghurt, so it's the same as meal 4.

Meal 8

Around 21:30 or 22:00 I often just have 2 sandwiches, but even more often we just eat some chips while we watch a movie ^_^'' .. the chips we eat, incidentally, are the same as my parents have always bought and they happen to be completely vegan! And they're very tasty too <3

And then around 23:00, 23:30 or 0:00 we usually go to bed and have sweet dreams and all that.

I'm still getting used to my meals and the timing so it's always a bit annoying for me to really follow the schedule because I'm totally not used to paying attention to that =P .. but I try my best to at least have my meals around the same times so that there is some regulation in my diet, cus I read somewhere that is better for you or whatever, I honestly have no idea if it is, but I'm sure that once I get used to it that then it will be the easiest way to eat at particular times =)

hope this all made sense and such! Please feel free to ask any questions and I will try and answer them as best as I can! I'm pretty sure this has been a big confusing post, it sure looks like that to me xD .. hope I didn't forget anything either .. bear with me cus it's my first time doing something like this ^_^

What is knäckebröd?

Knäckebröd is a flat and dry type of bread or cracker, containing mostly rye flour. It used to be very popular in armies and schools and recently has become much more popular with the vegan/vegetarian community due to the fact that it typically only contains wholemeal, rye flour, salt, and water.

http://bodybuildingvegetarians.wordpress.com/

yep, thats what knäckebröd is :3 .. I'm guessing they don't have it much in the US or something so not everyone will know it =P didnt think of it before ^_^'' .. here in the netherlands it's quite common really :3 tho most people eat the unhealthier kind =/