Almond milk the best choice?

C.O.

What you all drinking, and mixing in cereals, and in your protein shakes?

There are so many options these days, almond, rice, soy, hemp, coconut, the list is super long.

I most often go with almond milk. Here is something I just watched to day. Kinda cheesy and kinda interesting. Hoping for better info from some of you though

-Dylan

I drink Almond milk the most just because I think it taste better, but Almond milk has very little protein in it. Soy milk is a better choice if someone is wanting more protein and I do drink it as well.

I do not like coconut milk and not real crazy over rice milk. I don't believe I have ever tried hemp milk.

Haven't watched the youtube vid yet.

I drink a lot of soy milk, and in addition eat several servings of legumes daily. I make sure the soy is organic, though.

I've even actually gotten less gassy over time, too. Amazing how the body can adapt.

EDIT: I know last part was TMI I just like to be humorous.

I like almond milk best for my cereal, though I like coconut milk for smoothies. I love soy milk but I cut it out for a while due to the estrogen thing. However I really need to eat more protein (to build muscle) so I've decided to incorporate some soy milk into my diet again.

• 3 weeks later...

well since we are looking for protein soy milk is the best.

Almond and Cocount is mostly fat and the protein is incomplete, rice is mostly carbs.Hemp should be good tho.Make sure soy is not GMO, anything gmo is absolutely deadly.

yeeah, the problem with that is that GMO is not labeled. So you have to research pre-grocery shopping. I have a hard enough time remembering to bring my re-usable grocery bags every time... Good advice though all. I'm going to try to find some hazelnut milk and also pick up some hemp milk its been a few months since i've had any.

UNSWEETENED ALMOND PLUS™

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 cup (240 mL)

Amount Per Serving

Calories 40

Calories from Fat 15

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 2g 3%

Saturated Fat 0g 0%

Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 95mg 7%

Potassium 35mg 1%

Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%

Dietary Fiber 0g 0%

Sugar 0g

Protein 5g

• Vitamin A10%• Vitamin C0%• Calcium10%• Iron0%• Vitamin D30%• Folate6%• Vitamin B1250%• Magnesium10%• Zinc4%• Selenium8%

Ingredients: ALMOND MILK (WATER, ALMONDS), PEA PROTEIN, RICE PROTEIN, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, MAGNESIUM PHOSPHATE, CARRAGEENAN, NATURAL FLAVOR, LOCUST BEAN GUM, KOSHER SEA SALT, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D-2, L-SELENOMETHIONINE (SELENIUM), ZINC OXIDE, FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN B-12.

I use and drink almond and coconut milks mainly. Prefer to avoid soy milk since its unfermented.

Looking at the different plant milks available to us, has anyone researched which form of calcium is best absorbed and used by the body? Because Ive noticed some brands use calcium carbonate and others use calcium phosphate.

Not sure how but I've slowly gotten into Almond milk this year. I guess it happened when it went on sale, and was cheaper than Silk, and Eighth Continent. Used to like Rice Dreams, but it's too sweet. Its kind of ironic the longer I'm a vegan the less soy products I consume.

silk chocolate almond milk is glorious.

i use almond milk predominately, briefly switched to soy milk for the added calories/protein when i first started working out, but i find it's negligible in comparison to how much better tasting almond milk it to me. I don't think you can go wrong as long as you pick the one you like best.