Wheatgrass

Been going to jamba juice every now and then and getting a wheatgrass shot with my smoothie. I know it is full of "good stuff", but curious if anyone on the list has been drinking the stuff for a while, and noticed any improvements?

I was doing wheatgrass BID for 11 years, I had to stop for some labs to come out "true" have been off for almost one year. To tell you the truth I feel better w/o than w/wheatgrass. My allergies have almost gone away, I never noticed until I stopped, I got sniffly about an hour post wheatgrass. Now mind you nothing else in my diet or lifestyle has changed.

• 3 weeks later...

I dig wheatgrass.. not only because of the enormously beneficial

things I have read about it, but because I have had positive experiences with it myself.

Several immediate changes I notice when consuming 1-4 oz. of wheatgrass

per day:

-Glowing skin, even more so than usual!

-I rarely get a pimple, but when I am avidly consuming wheatgrass,

I never get a single one, anywhere.

-it feels to me, like a shot of espresso feels to someone who needs caffeine

the energy also lasts.

-I feel as though it helps strengthen my immune system

-I DO feel like it helps purify my blood.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been taking in wheatgrass the past few days and I do feel great! Though, I get a little nausea right after taking it, even if I wash it down with plenty of water. It goes away after an hour or two. Anyone else get this?

I've been taking in wheatgrass the past few days and I do feel great! Though, I get a little nausea right after taking it, even if I wash it down with plenty of water. It goes away after an hour or two. Anyone else get this?

I have gotten that before, mostly it could be because you're drinking it

on an empty stomach.

Also, if you're taking in about 2 oz. at a time, it's good to take it in two

1 oz. containers, and do a shot of juice after each, drink it slowly.. as well

as the juice, and you'll feel fine. : )

I didn't want to take the time to grow my own (seeing what a brown thumb I can sometimes have when sproutiing ) and there's no local source of wheatgrass juice, but I found a very good online source, that grows the wheat outdoors and flash freezes it. It ships frozen overnight, and you keep it frozen until use. It tastes really good! Fairly sweet, and not "too green' (like the unfortunately too ambitous green juice I made this morning...blech!). www.dynamicgreens.com .

I've been using it for the last week and a half, and sharing it with my eldest, diabetic cat, in hopes that it might help him as well. I put a couple of the frozen chunks in a glass of water, so it is also watered down a bit (I don't know if I'd want to take even this sweeter wheat grass as a straight shot...it also seems more beneficial to hold the juice in your mouth for a while before swallowing, to allow some absorption through the mucus membranes of the mouth).

They claim that some reactions to wheat grass may not be 'cleansing reactions," but rather an allergic reaction to molds that may be on the grass (especially if it is grown indoors). Also, some people can be allergic to grass (it's not a gluten allergy to wheat that is the problem, because there is no gluten in the grassy part of the plant, but an actual allergy to grass).

• 17 years later...

Wheatgrass, revered for its potent nutritional content, is a powerhouse of health benefits. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, it's celebrated for its ability to boost immunity, detoxify the body, and promote overall well-being. This vibrant green superfood is believed to possess healing properties that support digestion, enhance energy levels, and even improve skin health. Its remarkable properties have been praised across cultures, making it a staple in holistic wellness practices. Wheatgrass truly speaks volumes through its magical speakers.

Wheatgrass, a nutrient-rich superfood, has garnered significant attention in recent years for its potential health benefits. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, it is believed to boost immunity, aid digestion, and detoxify the body. From trendy juice bars to health-conscious individuals, its popularity continues to soar. Interestingly, discussions about its benefits and consumption methods often find their way into various platforms, including the iMessage chat APK top 100, highlighting its widespread recognition and influence in the wellness community.