Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Looking for energy and oomph in my work outs again!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:58 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 1:56 am
Posts: 62
Location: Best Place On Earth
Hi, I've lost the energy and oomph in my workouts! :( Like hitting the wall I think. Im doing a competition in Nov.
Im looking at supplements that I could take before my workout but of course want to keep in as natural as possible and obviously vegan.
Anyone have any good suggestions?? Thanks in advance :)

_________________
Sarah :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for energy and oomph in my work outs again!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:21 am 
Offline
VBB Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 2779
Vega pre workout energizer is pretty good. I'm kinda hooked on kombucha with chia seeds right now. Some vegans won't do kombucha I know but I love and back the stuff. Gives me lots of energy, especially with the chia seeds, pre-workout or even just energy to get through the work day.

-Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for energy and oomph in my work outs again!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:20 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:29 pm
Posts: 116
First get a blood test from your doctor to monitor your levels such as iron, vitamin D, B, etc


Did you decrease your carb intake? good carbs give us energy?
Are you over training or not getting enough sleep? The body needs rest to recover


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for energy and oomph in my work outs again!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:06 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 1:56 am
Posts: 62
Location: Best Place On Earth
C.O. wrote:
Vega pre workout energizer is pretty good. I'm kinda hooked on kombucha with chia seeds right now. Some vegans won't do kombucha I know but I love and back the stuff. Gives me lots of energy, especially with the chia seeds, pre-workout or even just energy to get through the work day.

-Dylan


Thanks for the suggestion Ill grab some tomorrow and check it out.

Comingtocyberspace wrote:
First get a blood test from your doctor to monitor your levels such as iron, vitamin D, B, etc


Did you decrease your carb intake? good carbs give us energy?
Are you over training or not getting enough sleep? The body needs rest to recover


Thanks, I get checked out every 4-6 months and last check a couple months ago everything was fine and normal.
I have cut back on certain fruits even eliminating some all together like bananas. Trying to only eat as local as I can as well as staying away from hybridized fruit like bananas and seedless grapes, watermelons etc... so my fruit intake is not as high as it use to be. Eating lots of berries right now though.
Not over training no. Sleep.. the last week was not very good as I was away but now my sleep is excellent min 5 REM sleep and I usually get 8-10hrs every night. I have recently kick my coffee habit so I think my body just needs time to adjust. Though I havent kicked caffeine out completely just coffee drinking...
Ive tried just having plain green tea which i do like but it doesnt give me the boost and power im looking to get...
I just need something I can take once in awhile especially for my leg workouts where i need more power till nov....

_________________
Sarah :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for energy and oomph in my work outs again!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:16 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:46 pm
Posts: 15
Location: Washington, USA
Quote:
I have cut back on certain fruits even eliminating some all together like bananas. Trying to only eat as local as I can as well as staying away from hybridized fruit like bananas and seedless grapes, watermelons etc... so my fruit intake is not as high as it use to be. Eating lots of berries right now though.

If you have replaced the higher calorie/higher carb fruits for berries and youre not getting in more elsewhere, that could be part of the problem. Add in a few extra servings a day of things like potato, sweet potato, grains, legumes, etc if avoiding too much hybridized fruit and see if you feel better.


Ive also found occasionally taking spirulina helps with my energy levels and regulating them if Im feeling a bit low. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for energy and oomph in my work outs again!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:14 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:29 pm
Posts: 116
some energy food

Grains like quinoa, or oatmeal give energy.

almond butter is good

hemp seeds

Green veggies (kale, collard, etc)

Everybody body has different needs. I don't think there is anything wrong with eating fruit. Enjoy the fruit that are in season now.

check out this vegan vit D supplement

http://www.amazon.com/NatureS-Plus-Sour ... in+d+vegan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Looking for energy and oomph in my work outs again!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:44 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 1:56 am
Posts: 62
Location: Best Place On Earth
StevenC wrote:
Quote:
I have cut back on certain fruits even eliminating some all together like bananas. Trying to only eat as local as I can as well as staying away from hybridized fruit like bananas and seedless grapes, watermelons etc... so my fruit intake is not as high as it use to be. Eating lots of berries right now though.

If you have replaced the higher calorie/higher carb fruits for berries and youre not getting in more elsewhere, that could be part of the problem. Add in a few extra servings a day of things like potato, sweet potato, grains, legumes, etc if avoiding too much hybridized fruit and see if you feel better.


Ive also found occasionally taking spirulina helps with my energy levels and regulating them if Im feeling a bit low. :)


Ive upped my fat in take but only at dinner time... Im not too sure how I could add fat during the day, i do coconut oil in smoothies with vega sports powder, flax and chia too, plus dinner with olives and avocados.. any more and I'll be way over my calorie limit!
I dont eat potatoes or grains or legumes regularly - only out eat or special occasions... Im not a huge fan of them to eat on a reg...I take many handfuls of chlorella and spirulina tabs daily. Its gotta be mental I guess... I am stressed more than I would like to admit... :cry:

Comingtocyberspace wrote:
some energy food

Grains like quinoa, or oatmeal give energy.

almond butter is good

hemp seeds

Green veggies (kale, collard, etc)

Everybody body has different needs. I don't think there is anything wrong with eating fruit. Enjoy the fruit that are in season now.

check out this vegan vit D supplement

http://www.amazon.com/NatureS-Plus-Sour ... in+d+vegan

Thanks my Vit D levels are great... kale i eat daily, I dont eat quinoa or oatmeal... not really a fan...

_________________
Sarah :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group