Looking for energy and oomph in my work outs again!

SAR

Hi, I've lost the energy and oomph in my workouts! Like hitting the wall I think. Im doing a competition in Nov.

Im looking at supplements that I could take before my workout but of course want to keep in as natural as possible and obviously vegan.

Anyone have any good suggestions?? Thanks in advance

Vega pre workout energizer is pretty good. I'm kinda hooked on kombucha with chia seeds right now. Some vegans won't do kombucha I know but I love and back the stuff. Gives me lots of energy, especially with the chia seeds, pre-workout or even just energy to get through the work day.

-Dylan

Vega pre workout energizer is pretty good. I'm kinda hooked on kombucha with chia seeds right now. Some vegans won't do kombucha I know but I love and back the stuff. Gives me lots of energy, especially with the chia seeds, pre-workout or even just energy to get through the work day.

-Dylan

Thanks for the suggestion Ill grab some tomorrow and check it out.

First get a blood test from your doctor to monitor your levels such as iron, vitamin D, B, etc

Did you decrease your carb intake? good carbs give us energy?

Are you over training or not getting enough sleep? The body needs rest to recover

Thanks, I get checked out every 4-6 months and last check a couple months ago everything was fine and normal.

I have cut back on certain fruits even eliminating some all together like bananas. Trying to only eat as local as I can as well as staying away from hybridized fruit like bananas and seedless grapes, watermelons etc... so my fruit intake is not as high as it use to be. Eating lots of berries right now though.

Not over training no. Sleep.. the last week was not very good as I was away but now my sleep is excellent min 5 REM sleep and I usually get 8-10hrs every night. I have recently kick my coffee habit so I think my body just needs time to adjust. Though I havent kicked caffeine out completely just coffee drinking...

Ive tried just having plain green tea which i do like but it doesnt give me the boost and power im looking to get...

I just need something I can take once in awhile especially for my leg workouts where i need more power till nov....

I have cut back on certain fruits even eliminating some all together like bananas. Trying to only eat as local as I can as well as staying away from hybridized fruit like bananas and seedless grapes, watermelons etc... so my fruit intake is not as high as it use to be. Eating lots of berries right now though.

If you have replaced the higher calorie/higher carb fruits for berries and youre not getting in more elsewhere, that could be part of the problem. Add in a few extra servings a day of things like potato, sweet potato, grains, legumes, etc if avoiding too much hybridized fruit and see if you feel better.

Ive also found occasionally taking spirulina helps with my energy levels and regulating them if Im feeling a bit low.

some energy food

Grains like quinoa, or oatmeal give energy.

almond butter is good

hemp seeds

Green veggies (kale, collard, etc)

Everybody body has different needs. I don't think there is anything wrong with eating fruit. Enjoy the fruit that are in season now.

check out this vegan vit D supplement

http://www.amazon.com/NatureS-Plus-Source-Garden-Vitamin/dp/B0042DDP44/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1344640356&sr=8-4&keywords=vitamin+d+vegan

If you have replaced the higher calorie/higher carb fruits for berries and youre not getting in more elsewhere, that could be part of the problem. Add in a few extra servings a day of things like potato, sweet potato, grains, legumes, etc if avoiding too much hybridized fruit and see if you feel better.

Ive also found occasionally taking spirulina helps with my energy levels and regulating them if Im feeling a bit low.

Ive upped my fat in take but only at dinner time... Im not too sure how I could add fat during the day, i do coconut oil in smoothies with vega sports powder, flax and chia too, plus dinner with olives and avocados.. any more and I'll be way over my calorie limit!

I dont eat potatoes or grains or legumes regularly - only out eat or special occasions... Im not a huge fan of them to eat on a reg...I take many handfuls of chlorella and spirulina tabs daily. Its gotta be mental I guess... I am stressed more than I would like to admit...

some energy food

Grains like quinoa, or oatmeal give energy.

almond butter is good

hemp seeds

Green veggies (kale, collard, etc)

Everybody body has different needs. I don't think there is anything wrong with eating fruit. Enjoy the fruit that are in season now.

check out this vegan vit D supplement

http://www.amazon.com/NatureS-Plus-Source-Garden-Vitamin/dp/B0042DDP44/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1344640356&sr=8-4&keywords=vitamin+d+vegan

Thanks my Vit D levels are great... kale i eat daily, I dont eat quinoa or oatmeal... not really a fan...