POLL: Are you a coffee drinker?

Are you a coffee drinker?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i like starbucks, 711, and dd...and usually never disappointed at indepdent shops...i carry my own soy milk (when not dieting) in my purse and my friends/coworkers find it funny/cute....

I did the same with french vanilla flavored coconut milk for a long time, the girls at starbucks thought I was funny.

I am a coffee addict, Ive quit now for some time. I do think it is unhealthy. Anything that restricts blood flow to the brain is bad right ?

I start the day with a thick-as-night, dark-as-a Bergman-film cup of decaf that you could repave a parking lot with. Strictly Organic Coffee Company makes a mountain water process decaf that's ten ounces of happy. It's an Indonesian blend called Komodo and it bites just like the dragon. Doesn't taste like decaf at all, honest. I just add a dash of stevia and a squirt of raw agave syrup to make it dance. http://www.strictlyorganic.com/index.html

Around six hours later, I reassess. If I feel like it, I make another cup to the day's specifications with my own caf-decaf blend of Nossa Familia Teodoro's Italian Roast (Say that like an angry Italian, it's fun!) and Teodoro's Italian Roast Decaf. Then I go lift like a Tasmanian Devil cartoon, come home, and think about doing something cerebral. If it doesn't pass, I begin. http://www.familyroast.com/shop/coffee/teodoros_italian_roast.html

Baby Herc

I guess I voted amiss. I wouldn't say I "have to have coffee", but I like to have coffee every morning, and even at night, and the caffeine is not an issue, or maybe it just doesn't affect me anymore. I don't see it as a problem especially when I used to work at a gym, and all the incredibly fit trainers practically lived on the stuff. Of course when the air conditioning is blasting, and you have to be at work at 5am, you need all the free coffee you can get. Now that that isn't the case anymore I enjoy a cup or two in the morning, and then usually at night too. For me it is a comfort food. Not big on the really strong roasts, but I like more mild flavors, and yes I carry around my Silk creamer too if I know a place doesn't have soy. Get more comments on that red carton than anything, lol.

• 4 months later...

Coffee is great as a ergogenic aid as well, I've read a lot of studies and meta analysis' regarding coffee/caffeine and its' relationship to improvement in sports performance. I also wrote an article about coffee and how to optimally use it to benefit your performance (happy to email it to anyone interested so please feel free to PM me)...

348_31144483719_5422_n.jpg

Caffeine's actually one of the healthiest components in coffee, as well as being an effective supplement for strength athletes. It stimulates nueromuscular activity and promotes calcium release in muscle, which increases muscle activation levels. Higher concentrations of calcium within muscle cells enhances muscular contraction and allows greater interaction of the proteins myosin & actin. Glyclogen & fatty acids also become more available for energy as the caffeine inhibits breakdown of AMP. Basically put, this means that whilst your natural strength levels are optimal in the afternoon and evening, drinking coffee in the morning can more or less restore those losses in muscular power.

One thing that surprised me is that coffee actually reduces blood pressure but yet promotes arterial stiffness, not sure how that works ?! Maybe take some rutin with your morning coffee haha.

i have a black coffee no sugar before work, and occasionally before training if ive had a day on the jack hammer or something like that.........i do want to stop, but i like it.

No real need to stop mate! This is a really interesting article if you have a spare 5mins to read through it...

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/11/the-case-for-drinking-as-much-coffee-as-you-like/265693/

Well, I am going to set one more item:

-> I am Brazilian and we are coffee masters. No one in the world has the better coffee as we do.

Drink it every day, several times a day, but without sugar, just the coffee, as we say here macho coffee... (smiles).

Cheers

-> I am Brazilian and we are coffee masters. No one in the world has the better coffee as we do.

Drink it every day, several times a day, but without sugar, just the coffee, as we say here macho coffee... (smiles).

Cheers

How many cups do you normally drink in a day, sounds a fair bit ?!

Is most of your coffee is Brazilian or do you import much of it in Dani?

Cheers

How many cups do you normally drink in a day, sounds a fair bit ?!

Is most of your coffee is Brazilian or do you import much of it in Dani?

well, @Mini, I drink a lot, it doesn´t cause me sleepless, I am so used to it, that I just drink because I like the flavor. I know someone might say is not healthy, but no for me. Guess Brazilians have a natural body prepared for large coffee intakes.

I have my coffee from here, we don´t have to import, it´s the best in the whole world.